Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Holiday Highlights II


[1] This was painted on the window of a pawn shop I went to, on my never ending search for DVDs. I thought it was too cute.

[2] Mmmm! My ham and cheese sandwich (with black olives) from Schlotzsky's. Gotta love their bread!

[3] A ham and provolone sub from my all-time favorite place: Galligaskin's. They have been around since the late 70's and I've been going there for as long as I can remember. There's just something about their taste that is so unique. I think part of it is the fact that they make their own chunky-style dill relish. H-E-A-V-E-N. If you're ever in Fort Worth, Texas, you MUST eat there.

[4] A giant inflatable Santa outside of a car dealership.

[5] A book store that sells books at 80% off the original retail price. I was disappointed in the selection, but managed to find a few interesting things. I'd rather shop at 75% Off Books. I doubt I'll be returning to this store. Even at a supposed 80% off, I still think their prices are too expensive.

[6] Books aplenty!

[7] Dinner at Denny's with Nathan. Believe it or not, their shrimp is scrumdiddliumtious! And it came with THE best sourdough garlic toast! DAMN!

[8] A retro Santa standing in the window of the nearby small town of Handley, at the video store I rent at. I have mixed feelings about him. On the one hand, he's cute and retro... on the other hand, he's a tad creepy. Hey! Look! I think he's after my shrimp!

[9] The freezer section at a nearby Brookshire's grocery store. Very festive! It's nice to see that some places still believe in Christmas and not "the holidays." I can't tell you how tired I am of the PCing of Christmas.

[10] This blood clot with a purse was really pissing me off. She was at the book store I mentioned previously. I was TRYING to look through the children's books, but apparently she had gotten to them first, cause she was leaving a path of mangled/piled books in her wake. She was digging through those motherfuckers like she was trying to bury a goddamn bone, letting them fall where they may. Why do people have to be such inconsiderate imbeciles? I wanted to yank her glasses off her face and spray paint the lenses. Fa la la la la

[11] This is a picture of the interior of one of the dining rooms at the BBQ restaurant that I like to frequent. The dummy sitting in the chair sits there year 'round, they just have him dressed up for Christmas. Notice all the framed photos. They surround all the eating areas and are of local celebrities (some autographed), family members, and even a few big-name celebrities. I especially like the rolls of paper towels on all the tables. LOVE IT, because I use a lot of napkins and this saves me from having to go ask for more only to have them doled out to me in tiny increments. The booth you see in the top right-hand corner is where I usually sit. Their BBQ turkey sandwiches are THE best!

[12] Again, another picture taken in the nearby town of Handley. This Santa stands outside the Christmas tree lot that has been selling Christmas trees for almost 3 decades. I just love the old tyme-looking Santa waving! They have a massive selection and they sell them in the front yard of an old 3 story house. I always wonder what the house looked like in it's heyday. I can just imagine it. I bet it was great. I bet it has a huge attic and built in bookshelves. Sigh... neato.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Sometimes I wish blogs had a button for whenever you wanted to give a certain post a +. Fa la la la indeed. :D

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 1:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#7 -- MUST FIND SHRIMP NOW!
Chana
www.bunnyburrow.com

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Gatochy-
Aw, thank you Gatochy! I'm glad you liked the post. I don't think I will ever run out of things to complain about as long as there are people like the one in image #10 around.

Chana-
The shrimp is your friend. You must eat the shrimp. Obey the shrimp. Mmmmmm

All kidding aside, it really IS good. I was pleasantly surprised. I like Denny's and all, but I usually associate them with breakfast and fried appetizers. Well, now I've added "delicious dinners" to their repertoire.

Saturday, December 25, 2004 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

You get the best pictures. We have no monster gnomes in the neighborhood to shoot.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004 5:15:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.