Friday, December 17, 2004

My Holiday Film Favorites: Part 2 of 2

The Lemon Drop Kid. © 1951

A con man is forced to plot an elaborate Christmas-time con game to raise $10,000, or the mob will make him pay . VHS/DVD

Miracle On 34th Street. © 1947

When a nice old man who claims to be Santa Claus is institutionalized as insane, a young lawyer decides to defend him by arguing in court that he is the real thing. VHS/DVD

Mister Magoo's Christmas Carol. © 1962

Animated version of Dicken's timeless classic "A Christmas Carol." Mr. Magoo is the miserly Scrooge who mends his ways. VHS/DVD

Scrooged. © 1988

A cynically selfish TV executive gets haunted by three spirits bearing lessons on Christmas Eve. VHS/DVD

Silent Night, Deadly Night. © 1984

After his parents are murdered, a young tormented teenager goes on a murderous rampage dressed as Santa Claus. VHS/DVD

Since You Went Away. © 1944

While husband Tim is away during World War II, Anne Hilton copes with problems on the homefront by taking in a lodger. VHS/DVD

Tenth Avenue Angel. © 1948

Flavia's been told that her Aunt Susan's fiancé, Steve, has been on a trip around the world, but in truth he's just finished his prison term. OOP, but will be airing on Turner Classic Movies on December 24th.

The Trouble With Angels. © 1966

Hayley Mills and June Harding act up in this affectionate comedy as two juvenile pranksters at the St. Francis Academy for Girls. VHS/DVD

2 Comments:

Blogger KlutzyJenn said...

I love Scrooged!! I finally went out and bought it this year. One of the classics in my book.

Also I know how you like to goto old book stores and book sales, can you please be on the look out for any death related topic. Like dying or anything like that. I am going to start collecting books on death and stuff like that. I will reinburse you of course and pay for shipping. Just let me know what you find. If you don;t mind. :0)

Saturday, December 18, 2004 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

KG-
You don't know how close I came yo picking you up a copy of Scrooged on DVD at one of the pawn shops I went to lately. Sometimes it amazes me the stuff people pawn. Such a fun movie, gald you finally got a copy for yourself!

As you already know, I'm sure, I sent you the name of a really great book on death called Looking at Death by Barbara P. Norfleet. Really great collection of vintage photos dealing with death.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 12:35:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.