Tuesday, October 19, 2004

If Lovin' Puppets is Wrong, I Don't Wanna be Right

God help me. I just lusted after a puppet. Yes, it's sad, but true. Being the lazy person I am, I never remember/make the effort to label my VHS tapes when I record something, so therefore each time I pop one in the ol' VCR, it's like playing the lottery. Sometimes I "win" and either have enough tape to record something OR the something that's already on the tape is something good. But I digress. I popped in a tape yesterday and it had an episode of Crank Yankers on it, in which one diabolical puppet continues to prank call a woman named Lois Lane, grilling her as to the whereabouts of Superman. As the skit comes to an end, a shirtless, yet be-caped {?} puppet of Superman sits up in bed. My first thoughts: Yowsa! Nice pecs! "Nice pecs." SIGH. Sad, isn't it?

While we're on the subject of lust, Sixteen Candles was on AMC last night. Michael Schoefling is the epitome of beautiful, be it by 80's standards or any other. I could relate to Molly Ringwald's character: "The Donger's here 5 hours and he's got somebody, I live here my whole life and I'm like a disease." That's me. I've had friends over the years who have had THE worst taste in men, stayed in dysfunctional/abusive relationships and/or fucked everything under the sun with absolutely no consequences. Yet, I can't find someone to talk to who doesn't hover 4 inches off the ground or isn't a fuckmonster. What's up with that? I'm a good person. I have my merits. I'm trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean. Well, okay...maybe not cheerful, but still, surely I'm a viable option over some of the people I've seen coupled up and making out in the lines at Six Flags. Perhaps if I actually interacted with people or went where they gather. That may be the key. On second thought, that involves a lot of effort on my part: smiling, feigning interest, disposable income. Eh, I'm not so sure now. As jaded as it may sound, I think I want a "boyfriend" like I want a pet; when I'm bored, sad or lonely. What a great basis for a relationship, huh? Maybe that's it, maybe I'm just lonely. Maybe I need to lower my standards. Damn me and my craving for human contact!

Sometimes when I get like this, I'll go browse through the local online personals over at Yahoo! or one of the other handful of personals sites that I have forgotten I signed up with. I even get e-mail "updates" of my latest matches from places I don't even remember signing up with to begin with. But, as depressing as my lack of social life can be sometimes, the most depressing thing is coming across the pictures of people who ARE dating or who ARE in relationships. You know, those couples I refer to as the "Scooby-Doo Mystery" couples. See that trio of pictures above? You know what those people have in common? No, not inbreeding. They're all in relationships. Yeah, you heard me; Pippi, Short Round and the Incredibly Gay Crow all have dates on weekends and major holidays. Go figure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Loving puppets is wrong, they freak me out. However the crow look is cool.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

KlutzyGirl, I hope you're sitting down, 'cause what I have to say may just blow your mind... or you may just find it mildly interesting. Either/or. Within minutes of me leaving BlogExplosion, where I was surfin' blogs for points, I had just "Blogmarked" YOUR blog! Lol! How weird is that? As a matter of fact, some of the people who have recently linked me, were also people I had blogmarked. GMTA!

As I was telling a fellow blogger, the only bone I have to pick with BlogExplosion is that when I find a blog I like and blogmark it, I still can't get the actual URL of the blog, without doing some ninja-like research via Google, so that I can add it to my links list! Argh!

Too cool! We DO have a lot in common, more than you know, actually. I, too once wanted to be a mortician, believe it or not. However, I ended up taking on the lucrative major of Graphic Design (bruddah can you spare a dime?).

Whoa! You made out like a bandit at Best Buy! I was just there and picked up the Ren & Stimpy DVD collection and the soundtrack to Party Monster.

I'm always happy to meet another classic horror fan, as a matter of fact I just blogged about getting some great classic horror DVDs for a mere $1 each at Wally World (AKA Walmart). Halloween is my favorite time of year, and it looks like we will both be having a movie marathon. Halloween just wouldn't be complete without monsters, mad men and things that go bump in the night!

I'm glad you like my blog and appreciate you linking me. One good link deserves another, so I have reciprocated.

Later gator!

-Kirk :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 1:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Thanks for stoppin' by Logtar! I agree puppets ARE creepy. Sans the ones with nice pecs.

One of my earliest traumatic childhood experiences involved a puppet. A flying one, at that! I was at Six Flags with my parents and we went to see an all-puppet version of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, being held in a large theater. At one point during the play, when Dr. Jekyll transforms into Mr. Hyde, he (Mr. Hyde) FLEW out into the audience, over our heads and ended up swooping down to talk to ME!! OMG! My potty training skills may have reverted that day. It was some majorly scary shit! (no pun intended)

I also agree, the Crow LOOK is great (I LOVE the original movie & soundtrack), I'm just not so sure this particular guy is pulling it off. I think the puka shell necklace is part of it.

Thanks for stoppin' by!

-Kirk :)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 1:13:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

True, TCL. I revere my reverence.

-Kirk ;)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 1:15:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.