Friday, October 15, 2004

Photo Requests: Part 1 of 3

You asked for it, you got it! (Toyota!) First off, I'd like to thank everyone who participated. You rock! Secondly, since there were so many photos requested, I will be posting them in 3 installments: Part 1 today, Part 2 on Saturday and Part 3 on Sunday. Today's photos include: (from left to right)

[1 & 2] This is the inside of my medicine cabinet. I love this old cabinet! I bought it at a thrift store for $12. I love that it still has the old razor blade depository in the back (that's what that slot is for, behind the cup/toothpaste). I remember when we were removing the previous medicine cabinet, I looked into the hole in the wall and down into the space between the wall. It was filled with old razorblades. For some reason I just find that fascinating. Imagine the DNA! My house was built in 1940, so no telling how many people have deposited their razors, and who knows what else, into the wall. Keen!

[3] This is a picture of my shower curtain. It may sound kinda weird, but I actually have 3 layers to my shower curtain: The goldfish, then a foam green cloth curtain (it's pretty washed out-looking in the photo) and finally the liner.

[4] This is a hutch/clothes hamper I had made that stands off to the left of the sink. It's where I keep my towels and other misc. toiletries. The blue thing is an old card catalog from a library (damn computers!). I use it to hold extra lightbulbs, those little toilet bowl deodorizers, etc.

[5] This is a picture of the number of bars of soap I've bought in advance. I normally don't stock up on toiletries, but instead wait until I am about to run out before I replace them. However, in this case, I bought all these cool little glycerin soaps because some store was going out of business, plus they all have cool little designs encased in the soap itself. Re: One has a scene of a snowman with a Xmas tree, another is orange with a black cat inside, one with a bat inside, while some others have a flower inside. Since I mainly use liquid soap, these are just kinda sitting around, waiting to be used in a pinch.

[6] This is my refrigerator. As you can see, I likes me some magnets!

[7] This is the contents of my refrigerator.

Well, that's it for today. Hope you enjoyed getting a glimpse into the world of OCD. Lol....sigh. But seriously, I got a kick out of this little project. Tune in tomorrow for Part 2! Questions? Comments?

2 Comments:

Blogger Rich Rosenthal II said...

That's the most organized medicine cabinet I've ever seen.

Friday, October 15, 2004 4:59:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Thanks Rich! It wouldn't be anywhere near that neat if I'd inherited my mother's hypochondria! Whew! Dodged that bullet.

-Kirk :)

P.s. You better get that toe of yours healed! ;)

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 3:01:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.