Monday, October 18, 2004

So Cheap it's Scary!

My friend Nathan ROCKS! Nathan came over yesterday. When he arrived he brought me some classic horror/sci-fi DVDs he had bought at Sprawl Wal-Mart:
White Zombie
The Manster
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Killer Shrews
Attack of the Giant Leeches

How cool was that?! And get a load of this, they were just $1 apiece! They even have chapters, previews of other titles and an animated menu, unlike the $1 DVDs at Dollar Tree. There are 25 different titles (all horror/sc-fi) and, I can't speak for the ones I haven't seen, but the ones I have are NICE transfers. Not grainy, like some of the cheaper DVDs around. You just can't go wrong! If you're so inclined, he mentioned that they were near the checkout area and not in the DVD section. So what are you waiting for?! Get goin'!!

In addition, Nathan also finds the time to make DVD-Rs for me, of some of my favorite movies. He is a never-ending resource of all kinds of retro/vintage drive-in movie intermission cartoons, spots, trailers, etc. It's mind boggling, yet always a thrill when he makes a DVD-R for me, since he always adds all kinds of cool "extras" in form of vintage cartoons, movie trailers, intermission spots, etc. REALLY amazing stuff. I have a lot of out-of-print movies on VHS, which he sometimes transfers to DVD for me. Here's the DVDs he's made for me lately (none of which are currently available on DVD, in the U.S.):

Killer Workout © 1986 (Cheesy 80's slasher. Ted Prior is SO H-O-T)
Madam Satan © 1930 (Beautiful Cecil B DeMille movie)
Rocky Marciano © 1999 (Jon Favre looks H-O-T, plus I love boxing movies)
Murders In The Zoo © 1933
Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers/Director's Cut © 1995 (Paul Rudd. 'Nuff said.)
The Black Cat © 1934 (One of my favorite movies of all-time. Beautiful.)
Wacko © 1981 (Fun horror movie spoof with Joe Don Baker)
Pandemonium © 1982 (My favorite horror movie spoof. I'll be blogging about horror spoofs at a later date)
Mexican Spitfire At Sea © 1942 (LOVE the Spitfire movies)
The Centerfold Girls © 1974

0 Comments:

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.