Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Recent DVD Purchases

Here are June and July's DVD purchases to date. A little info on some of them:

• Though I bought the NC-17 version of John Water's A Dirty Shame, I like the picture of Johnny on the rated version's cover, better (shown).

• The Spike: Love is Hell DVD is a Best Buy "exclusive."

• Though not mentioned on the package, both Teen Witch and Love at First Bite have their original movie trailers! I don't know about you, but that is a major selling point for me. And though I LOVE LaFB I am more than a little pissed that A) The original music from the discotheque scene, "I Love the Nightlife" is in the trailer, but has been changed for the movie!! That was my favorite part of the movie. My best memory of going to see it in the theater. VERY disappointing.

• My friend Nathan made me an amazing DVD-R of Modern Girls, which is still not available on DVD. He even included the Depeche Mode music video from the movie AND the original movie trailer (not to mention half a dozen more 80's movie trailers!). How cool is he?! I just love it.

• I highly recommend that you see Wilbur (Wants to Kill Himself). It's such a great movie. I included both the DVD cover (the one on the left) and the original movie's poster art (on the right). I wish more DVDs would use the original poster art for their covers.

Cursed [2005]
Airplane II: The Sequel [1982]
Mystery Science 3000: Boxset- Volume 7 [1988]
Episodes:
Prince of Space [1959]
The Killer Shrews [1959]
Hercules Conquers the Moon Men [1964]
Hercules Unchained [1959]
Bonus Shorts:
Assignment Venezuela
21st Century Calling
A Case of Spring Fever
Be Cool [2005]
Nobody's Fool [1986]
Love Object [2003]
Spike: Love is Hell [1988]
St. Elmo's Fire [1985]
Teen Witch [1989]
Love at First Bite [1979]
Blackball [2003]
Modern Girls [1986]
Wilbur (Wants to Kill Himself) [2002]
A Dirty Shame: NC-17 Edition [2004]

2 Comments:

Blogger RagDoll said...

You got Love at First Bite!!!! *Jumps up and down on tip toe!* I love George Hamilton!

"Black Chicken! Black Chicken!"

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:13:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Ragdoll-
I know! I was so excited when I found out this movie was finally coming to DVD. I died laughing when I read your "Black Chicken!" quote! I remember the audience cracking up all throughout this movie. I also love the scene where Renfield goes to the modeling agency and opens his "lunchbox." Lol! Classic.

P.s. Supposedly, there is a sequel in the works revolving around Dracula and his wife's son. We'll see...I'm skeptical.

Friday, July 22, 2005 1:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.