Sunday, July 17, 2005

Good Things Come to Those Who Don't Fuck it Up

You know that saying that goes "All good things must come to an end?" Well, for those of you who eat at Subway and take advantage of their Sub Club stamp card, today is the last day to use it. Apparently some turd stole rolls of stamps and sold them on eBay. Wonderful. I love how it just takes one dumb asshole to ruin it for the rest of us:

For instance, the Nestle Wonderball, the short-lived American version of Kinder Surprise. The Nestle Wonderball, which is still being manufactured in a much lamer version, was a round plastic ball (imagine a round version of our classic, plastic Easter eggs) that was coated with chocolate and contained a small, plastic toy surprise. When I was buying them, they contained various Disney characters. I still have my toys from Hercules, Aladdin and 101 Dalmations

The Nestle Wonderball was basically a rip-off of the popular Italian (now worldwide...except in America) version, called Kinder Surprise, which originated in 1974 and is still as popular as ever, verging on a cult phenomenon among discerning adults.

Now, here's where the retardery (and the point of my post) kicks in: Kinder Eggs are sold all over the world; except in the United States where the FDA has banned the toys, due to safety concerns and regulations against non-food products within a food shell. Kinder Eggs are available, but only in a form filled with small candies and queer stickers the size of your fingernail. whee.

A form filled with small candies. So, because American kids are apparently too retarded to not ingest something plastic and/or their parents are too retarded to not read "Kinder Eggs containing toys are not suitable for children under the age of three due to the small parts which may be ingested or inhaled." the assumption is the rest of us are too retarded to handle their obvious space-age complexity. I find it fascinating how children overseas (and in Canada) have somehow managed to resist the temptation of choking on them, yet here in America, the kids are all emergency tracheotomies waiting to happen. Oy, so since mommy's little genius can't be supervised and/or deterred from ingesting fuckin' plastic, the rest of us have to settle for an inferior version. Thanks fer nuthin' 'tards.

And that is just one of many, many things over the years that some moron somewhere ruined for those of us.

I got over the loss of Denny's free meal on your birthday, so I'm sure I'll get over this too. Oh well, I still have Hollywood Video's free movie rental on your birthday, at lest until someone finds a way to ruin that too.

By the way, while I'm on the topic of Subway, I recently saw this commercial with Jarrod, where he's pissing and moaning about how "other places" batter/fry their chicken, while Subway doesn't, then goes on to talk about how great Subway's chicken is.

Well, you know what, Jarrod? Subway's chicken may have less calories, but everytime I've ordered it it's always had some cheap-ass, disgusting gristle/fat shit in it, that once I've bite into it, ruins the rest of my meal for fear of hitting another cartilicious piece. No wonder you're able to suppress your appetite. You also neglected to mention the "oven-roasted" chicken gets nuked in the microwave, you four-eyed toiletmonkey.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes. Jared must die. There's no doubt about that.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 1:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart kinder surprise. Every time I am in Holland I make excuses to need to go to the store or gas station so I can get one. I dont even usualy eat the chocolate, I just want the surprise lol.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 5:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the Kinder Surprise! I got one while in Canada last year-- I'm wishing I would have brought an entire box back with me.

And the Jared thing? That "ew chicken face" in that commercial weirds me out...

Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:02:00 PM  
Blogger Cheeky Prof said...

Okay, (1) someone had recently told me that Subway was about to stop with those free-sub cards and I didn't believe them. Damn! And also, damn that I missed the sale of the stamps on e-Bay!

(2) Those kinder chocolate egg things rock. I first had them years ago when someone brought me back some from Europe. It just figures that they'd be considered a danger here in the States.

(3) Jared. Oh dear doG. I saw a recent commercial with him, too, and here's my question: How much fucking longer do we have to be subjected to Jared commercials? Are his 15 minutes not over? For the love of all things holy, he was a fat guy who ate some sandwiches and lost some weight about 8 freakin' years ago. Is Subway so desperate they can't hire a ad agency to come up with a new campaign?

Monday, July 18, 2005 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Dave2-
Definitely. All I have to see is his face and I want to bludgeon it with a loaf of petrified Subway bread.

Ocb-
Oh, totally. Kinda like Cracker Jack (back when they had good prizes, not the cheap-ass ones they call "prizes" today)

Kris-
That's where I got my first exposure to Kinder Surprise, too: Canada. I SO wish they sold them here. The toys are amazing. Such great design.

Lol! I totally agree about Jarrod's "ew" face. That retard.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Cheeky Prof-
A-frickin'-men! I couldn't agree more. I was totally thinking the same thing (re: is this the best Subway can do?) WTF? I mean, God, look at what Quizno's came up with (re: the singin' spongemonkeys)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got really into Wonder Balls a few years ago where I was working because our supplier had brought a ton of them but they didn't sell at all. I must have ate 50 of them that summer so I have a soft spot in my heart for them. But Kinder Surprise are definitely better.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.