Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Movie Heaven Meets Book Nirvana


[1] Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a sucker for city skyline pictures. I know I posted a similar picture once before, but I couldn't resist. Besides, since it was raining, this time the skyline was virtually smog-free!

[2-4] The is the interior of Premiere Video. At the risk of being overly graphic, I nearly soiled myself when I first entered this story. O M G, it is a movie lover's wet dream, I swear to God. I think I literally skipped over to the Classics section.

You can rent anything and everything at PV. If you look at the first horizontal picture of the interior of the store, you can see the thousands of OOP (Out-of-Print) VHS titles they carry. It's INSANE. I loved that they even had a section dedicated entirely to Film Noir! How cool is THAT?! If I lived closer to Dallas, I would SO rent there! My friend Nathan would have just DIED. He's huge cinemaphile as well.

[5] I caught a glimpse of this great little piece of urban art, out of the corner of my eye as I was getting in the car. I fell in love with it immediately and had to take a picture of it. Just love it!

[6] This was some foofalicious store in the gay part of Dallas, known as Oaklawn/Cedar Springs. The store is called NUVO and though my friend Derik loves the place, I feel uncomfortable in pretentious places that sell $60 ballpoint pens and $20 greeting cards. I mean it is a pretty store, just not my scene. I mainly took this picture because they had some dynamite photos of Johnny Knoxville in the two frames in the bottom right-hand corner of the photo. They know a good thing when they see it.

[7] I am not much of an appetizer-type person, but I was starving and the cheese sticks looked particularly good! (and they were, too!)

[8] We had lunch at Good Eats (one of my favorite places to eat). I love eating there because I always order the same thing: The Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich. It's perfection: Grilled chicken breast with melted swiss on top, served open-face-style on a toasted bun with a side of honey mustard (which I apply liberally). Perfection.

[9/11] This is the interior of the monstrously-huge Half Price Books in Dallas. If I had to guesstimate size, I would say it's roughly the size of a Super Target. It's SUCH a great store. They have EVERYTHING (LPs, 45's, books, CDs, tapes, VHS, DVD adn more!). *See what I actually bought, this Friday.

I esp. like the bank vault they have in one corner of the store. It's literally an old bank vault, complete with one of those Gilligan's Island-type ship steering wheel thingies on the front. VERY cool. It's where they keep all the vintage magazines and board games. It's so fun just stepping inside to browse. I'll have to remember to take a picture of it next time.

The store's interior is like a huge labyrinth of wooden book cases and is decorated with great retro pieces like rollerskates, office chairs, mannequins, etc. Check out their website, sign up for their mailing list and they'll send you valuable coupons to use on future shopping trips!

[10] You're probably looking at this picture and thinking "It's official. He's got a screw loose." However, I love the tile at this restaurant and the bathroom is just so nice and clean. Plus, I fell in love with the "corkboard." It's literally made out of assorted wine bottle corks cut in half lengthwise and glued inside a wood frame. How awesome is that? SUCH a great idea!

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess Wild Cow said...

Whining, as only a Princess can, "I want to go to those places, too, well, except for the urinal..."

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

I say "amen" to the corckboard, as Portugal is one of the biggest exporters in the world. ;)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Sarafenix-
Oh, the places we'd go if you lived closer, dear Sarah. You'd never want for doodads or thingamajigs ever again. Of course, you may want for basic things like electricity and running water, because you spend so much on doodads or thingamajigs...

And one thing about urinals...they have cake!

Mariana-
I didn't know that! Cool info. I wonder if there are lot more uses than memo boards and wine bottle stoppers. I know that in the 70's, cork was EVERYWHERE in pop culture. From pen holders that doubled as memo boards to wallphones with memo boards attached. I loved it all!

Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.