Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy

I apologize for this belated 4th of July post. On the one hand, since I don't really get into the whole observation hoopla of this particular holiday, so I didn't really have that much to say about it. On the OTHER hand (no pun intended), I saw this great photo opportunity and had to take it. I wanted to take it and post it on the 4th, but there were too many people outside milling about, so I didn't. I'm one of those people that would rather just take the photo and go, rather than approach the people, do the obligatory pleasantries, explain, etc.: Basically sidestep all the BS that I would've had to go through in order to get the photo if I'd gone through all the "proper" channels.

So, anyway, I saw this and immediately thought of my friend Sarah, whose blog profile picture, up until recently, was this exact same image: The red, white and blue PEACE sign. I thought this inflatable lawn ornament was just great. It just felt like the 4th of July to me. It had a very 1976 bicentennial feel to it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.