Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mysteries...

Loup recently tagged my with this challenge:

List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over.
To use the words of Caesar (from History of the World Part I), ‘Nice. Nice. Not thrilling . . . but nice.’”

Here are my answers:

1. Coffee - I gotta agree with Loup on this one. Though, I do like coffee on occasion, for me, it's a seasonal thing. I really only drink it in the Fall & Winter, and even then, rarely.

2. Survivor - I've never seen an episode and have zero interest in it. Same goes for all those other "must-see" reality shows: The Apprentice, American Idol, The Bachelor, etc. I don't get the appeal.

3. Johnny Depp - Yeah yeah yeah. I liked him in A Nightmare on Elm Street and 21 Jump Street, but am beyond tired of hearing how he's some kind of acting genius. So he deliberately chooses "quirky" roles. So he's dated popular actresses. So he never takes a bath. Big deal.

4. Voicemail - I had 'voicemail' for like a year and never, ever used it. I'm perfectly content with my answering machine, thank you very much. If I have to dial that many numbers just to retrieve a simple goddamn message, I'll pass. Besides, that's what caller I.D. is for.

5. Babies - Again, I have to agree with Loup. Absolute mystery. I find the fact that otherwise perfectly logical people's brains turn to tapioca once they have a child, grandchild, etc. Congratulations, someone's vag got some attention. Awesome. Sure, we can't make one behave, but let's have 3 more. Whatever. One word: Supernanny.

I pass this challenge onto Gatochy. = )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.