Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Cookies, Body Parts and Groovy Boots

Pictures from my recent visit (last weekend) to the Cattle Barn (read 'flea market') in Fort Worth. Enjoy!

[1] I've been wanting this cookie jar for a long time. It seems like someone I knew, growing up, had one, but I can't remember who. Anyway, I never find the jar in good condition (i.e. missing lid, the walnut on the top is broken off, etc.). Well, this one is in great condition and was just $6!! I had to get it.

[2] Some great vintage coloring books. I miss the detail that manufacturers used to put into their coloring books.

[3] A new booth I hadn't seen in the past. Lots of kitschy, collectible, affordably-priced movie memorabilia. The guy whose booth it was, was really friendly. His name was James and I enjoyed talking to someone that actually knew something about old B movies, drive-in titles, etc. I even bought something from him. More about my purchases at a later date, though.

[4] I was afraid to see what else was in the box. ;)

[5] Some groovy old metal (remember when toys were made from METAL?) toys. Lots of great stuff in this booth. Not-so-great-prices.

[6] The top of this box said "What Every Man Wants!" My first thought was "Divorce comes in a box now?" Instead, it was a New Shaving Kit. Fun packaging!

[7] Sale table! Everything was $1. Yes, even the photos! Lots of photos of kitties!

[8] It's Chatty Baby! When you're just not ready for the commitment of a real baby. More of today's "parents" should opt for this baby instead of the ones they have now. Ugh. Barbie & Ken never looked so mod!

[9] I took this picture because Whoopi Goldberg has something similar (the Cupie Doll) in her apt. in one of my favorite movies Jumpin' Jack Flash!

[10] Assorted noise makers and other goodies. Love the vintage Halloween witch noise maker!

[11] Groovy boots! Creepy mannequin head.

[12] When I saw this I cracked up. I dunno exactly what it is, peeping out of that metal tub, but it makes me laugh.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

You gotta read this, Kirk:

http://brainhurt.blogspot.com/2005/05/happy-free-comic-day.html

This actor guy has met Vince Vaughn. :)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 2:14:00 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

I thought I was the only one that admits to liking Jumpin' Jack Flash. She has the most creative swear words: fuck a duck!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have serious mad collage skilz. (12) made me laugh hard as well...I love it!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Thanks for the link! I read the guy's post, but I got the impression that he just SAW Vince Vaughn at some bar. However, considering he's in "the biz" he's undoubtedly already learned the art of 'spin.'

Diana-
Au contraire mon ami(e?)! I LOVE Jumpin'Jack Flash, though film critics seem to hate it (eh, what do they know?). I remember going to see it with my mom when it first opened in 1986. We laughed hysterically throughout. Who could forget "the K-mutherfuckin' GB?" and my personal favorite "What is it with you people? Every time you see a black woman there has to be a pimp or a John? What, do you think there's a lot of business on the pier for hookers? What the fuck do you think I was doing down there, giving blowjobs to goldfish?"

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! :)

L-
Thank you! As you can see, I love the format. I love making them. Always have. Even "back in the day" when I had to do it the old-fashioned way, with scissors and glue.

I'm glad someone else shares my delight in #12! Imagine walking by, looking at all this stuff, when this fuzzy lil' guy stands out and cracks you up. Lol!

Saturday, May 14, 2005 8:53:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.