Monday, March 14, 2005

Mannequins, Mullets & Spicy Shrimp

Last weekend my friend Derik called me and wanted to know if I wanted to accompany him to go shopping. Having no life, but actually having some money (for a change) I said "yes." We visited a flea market, had some lunch and browsed some antique stores. Normally I'm not much of an antique store fan, (pawn shops and thrift stores are more my speed) but Derik needed to pick up some things, so I tagged along (I had no choice, he was my ride). I'll be sharing more images of things I bought, later on in the week. Enjoy your virtual tour!

[1] The Cattle Barn at the stockyards in Fort Worth, Texas. Home to the Flea Market on the weekends.
[2] A great mint green chair.
[3] Reels of film for sale!
[4] Great old OOP books on Hollywood celebrities.
[5] An old photo I bought. $1
[6] Assorted goodies for sale.
[7] Toys ahoy!
[8] Hunky McHunkerson. Nice biceps. Bad mullet. Even worse: His tiger tooth earring. Rick Springfield called. He wants his hair back.
[9] More assorted treasures.
[10] Cool mannequin. Child mannequins are very rare and hard to find. FYI.
[11] The span of the flea market. There are 3 aisles like this!
[12] SPICY (I coughed my brains out for 4 minutes), but delicious shrimp at a nearby Chinese buffet (Tai Pai) where we had lunch.
[13] This is Sophie, the owner of this particular antique store's dog. She was a sweetie-face.
[14] One of the buffet areas at Tai Pai restaurant.
[15] One side of a awesome Disco lunchbox at one of the antique stores we stopped at.
[16] A Popeye gumball machine that I SO wanted and the clock is great too! I didn't even notice the clock until I was editing the pictures! I love orange!
[17] The "flip side" of the groovy Disco lunchbox.
[18] Two great vintage radios (both worked!).
[19] A really adorable cookie jar that I've never seen before. On top of the baker's hat there was a pie (I think...or maybe it was a bowl of fruit. I forget.) and when you turned it, it would up the music box inside the chef's hat and it played London Bridge is Falling Down. Cute!
[20] I just love the face on this cute lil' kitty. He was a bank and in great condition (but no rubber stopped on the bottom). I would have bought him but he was WAY over-priced. The one reason I don't frequent antique stores.
[21] A copy of Popular Science (1954) that Derik turned me on to. GREAT cover and even more great articles inside!

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I swear when I first saw the disco lunch box it looked like they were having a fight: on the first side the boy is kicking her with the knee, see? And on the flip side they're slapping each other. ;)

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Gatochy-
Lol! That's too funny. The idea of them fighting never even crossed my mind. In that same vein, I think the second image looks like they are playing a game of Twister!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.