Monday, May 02, 2005

The Return of Kelly Osbourne

Love her or hate her, Kelly Osbourne is on her way back into the limelight. Personally, I always thought she was groovy. It's a shame Life As We Know It (the now defunct TV show in which she co-starred) was cancelled, because it was a great show and she was great in it. She's currently on the cover of the latest issue of Paper Magazine, along with a spread of some terrific new photos accompanied by an article. Her second album, Sleeping in the Nothing, will be released in June. The single 'One Word' is already for sale and let me tell ya, I likes it! But then I've always been a sucker for remixes and the CD single delivers, with remixes by Chris Cox. The buzz is that it's going to be the Dance/Pop anthem of the summer. Very 80's New Wave. Very Electronica. Very tasty. Amazon.com describes the new album as "A remarkably faithful new-wave throwback, which generously references everyone from Duran Duran to Missing Persons." Even dad, Ozzy had this to say: "I sat down and listened to it: It's disco!" he murmurs enthusiastically when asked for his opinion on Sleeping in the Nothing. "It seems like it's got some hit tunes on it. It's not the direction I'll ever go with my music -- there will never be a satanic disco record from me. But I appreciate it for what it is."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always liked Kelly too. Sometimes she'll wear something that maybe isn't too flattering on her but you can tell by the look on her face that she simply doesn't give a fuck what you think and I have to say that I admire that, I don't know...she's just my type 'a gal and wish I was an osbourne too (sniff)

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Lisa-
Hurray! I was wondering if anyone was going to back me up on this. Lol! I like her too. We've all witnessed the tantrums/drama on "The Osbournes," but I still like her. I may not always like her behaviour, but I always like HER. She's very cool and has a great, distinctive style of her own.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:35:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.