Saturday, April 23, 2005

Come Hungry. Leave Hairppy.

I recently went to a movie and out to eat with a friend of mine. The movie sucked ass, so we were hoping to redeem the evening by eating at IHOP. Pancakes: The original soul food. Anyhoo, we place our orders: Him: The Tex-Mex Omelette. Me: The Passport Breakfast with choice of pancakes. I chose buttermilk. While we're waiting for our food to arrive, we pass the time talking about how bad the movie was and other assorted topics.

Then our food arrives. I take one look at my plate and start laughing. It's SO my kind of luck, so it doesn't surprise me at all to see a hair on my plate*. My friend is clueless to what I am laughing about, so I show him the plate and ask if he sees anything out of the ordinary. It takes him a few minutes, but he eventually does and starts laughing along with me. Naturally, I take a picture (insert the jingle 'Celebrate the moments of your life') and simply blow it off the plate. Neither of us are really that grossed out by it, but I think a lot of people would be. My logic is why send it back when all they are gonna do is either A) get vindictive and deliberately do something worse or B) do the same thing I did and blow it off the plate and return with a supposed 'fresh' one. I figure I've probably unwittingly eaten worse and if I DO get sick for whatever reason, I have photographic evidence and a witness. Que sera, sera.

However I know people who would pitch a major fit in order to get their meal comped and/or some kind of compensation. However, for me, this just wasn't that big of a deal. What would you have done?

And, of course, being the juvenile that I am, I naturally found the receipt funny as well.

*The hair is hard to see, so I did a negative closeup of it, which shows more detail.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.