Tuesday, April 19, 2005

R.I.P. Nytol QuickGel

I have a thing about insects. I don't like them in my house. Especially roaches. They don't make me squeamish or scare me or anything, I just hate them. Even though I keep my house clean and consider myself a clean person, I still, on occasion see one around the house. Not so much in the house, but sometimes in the garage or the back porch. But I digress.
Having this deep-seated hatred of all things roach, I tend to get paranoid whenever I hear noises I deem roach-worthy. For example, I was in the bathroom, doin' my thang when I hear a very faint sound coming from the magazine rack. It sounds (in my mind) like little insect legs scuttling against paper. Aha! It's a roach! I just know it!

So, being very quiet, I lean over the magazine rack and inspect it. I see that the pages of the Word Jumble book are slightly parted, as if something has lodged itself between the pages. This is my chance to pounce! I mash the front of the magazine with my thumb, while pressing my other fingers against the magazine rack for leverage. That's one dead...Nytol QuickGel? Oh. It's not a roach at all. It's a stray Nytol that I dropped a few weeks ago and never managed to locate. Take heed lone roaches! Ahem...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That'll learn them roaches to mess with you by gawd!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:53:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.