Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Lost 'n Found -or- Hey! Look What I Found in My Drawers! Vol. 2

I mentioned last week that I've been doing some spring cleaning and that during said cleaning I've ran across assorted things that I either forgot I had, thought were lost forever and/or simply misplaced over time. Well, here is a handful of those things that were lost but are now found:

[1] Some vintage German paper somethings that I bought years ago. I'm not sure if they are paper dolls or what, but I think they're great.
[2] Wow, this one is a real blast from the past. It's my old address book from the early 80's. Filled with my then awful cursive writing. Thank God that was just temporary. Apparently this was from around the time I was going through my fan mail-writing phase (circa 1983). Some addressees include: Bruce Boxleitner (I had SUCH a crush on him on Scarecrow and Mrs. King), Punky Brewster (she was the 80's adolescent equivalent of Avril Lavigne), Mindy Cohn ('Natalie' from The Facts of Life), Olivia Newton-John, Michael Jackson, Jameson Parker (God, he was pecalicious on Simon & Simon) and, of course, The A-Team (LOL!).
[3] A kitschtacular book given to me by my friend, Derik: Advanced Techniques of Hypnosis
[4] One of the few childhood photos of myself that I like. This is actually my favorite one. Me: Age 3. I still have that same look on my face + the circles under my eyes from restless nights contemplating the meaning of life.
[5/8] One of 2 mini CD3 singles. Both by Duran Duran. I still think this small format kicks MAJOR ass. I dunno why it was abandoned so quickly. I just love 'em.
[6] A stencil set I bought at a dime store. I think it's really great.
[7] The activity book that came with my first calculator, The Little Professor. God, I hated math. The calculator was a cute concept, though. Wish I still knew where it was.
[9] Some vintage (70's) Peanuts Christmas wrapping paper. One of the things I loved about the wrapping papers of the 70's were the colors. They didn't "play by the rules" when it came to use of color. I loved the weirdo color combos. This square of wrapping paper was still sealed in its' orig. wrapper. Priced at just 35¢. Sigh. I miss the past sometimes.
[10] More paper whatevers from Germany.
[11] Whoa! It's Joey Lawrence (AKA "Joe" now) from Blossom. Who knew he'd turn out to be so fuckin' hot? Shocker. I still think his brothers are trogs, though. They have Yuckface Syndrome. Sorry Joey.
[12] A scene from one of my favorite I Love Lucy videos. In this episode "Lucy Writes a Novel." I LOVE this scene, because it always makes me laugh. In the scene Lucy has told Ethel that she wants to put her in her new book, so she's asking Ethel what makes her 'tick.' Naturally, Ethel gets melodramatic and begins to go into great detail about how there's more to her than meets the eye. She's complex and deeply emotional. She "Feeeels things." Naturally, while Ethel is going on and on about how 'deep' she is, Fred walks in and asks her if she's having stomach cramps. Lol!
[13] A handful of colorful plastic animal-face buttons. I found a whole box of 'em!
[14] Fangface View-Master reels. God, I love Fangface. Viva la 80's!
[15] My original 3-D glasses from when I went to see Jaws 3 or Friday the 13th 3-D...I forget.
[16] Paper bookmarks from Germany. The canary in the tux and the monkey riding the giraffe are among my favorites.

4 Comments:

Blogger M said...

It's all so cute -- and OMG the little professor! I had completely forgotten it had ever existed!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same two Duran Duran mini-singles. The format never went anywhere here, but is (was?) really "big in Japan." From my visits there, I would come home with dozens of pop singles I saw on Japanese television commercials, all on mini-single, so I didn't have to buy the entire album.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of German stuff. Looks like the little paper dolls are celebrating Fasching.

If you tell me you were a military brat and lived in Germany growing up I will never question our soulmate status again!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:03:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana
Thanks! I'm a terrible packrat, but I love all my 'junk.' Isn't The Little Professor a hoot? I had forgotten about it too until I ran across the activity book!

Dave2-
That's awesome! I'm glad someone else besides me was cognizant of them. I also have a Go-Go's 'Our Lips Are Sealed' CD3 single around here somewhere. Do you remember when Coke would package CD3s in their cases of Coke one summer? I still have mine. It has various artists on it. I thought that was one of the coolest marketing ideas ever!

I'd still buy them today if they were offered. I think they are brilliant.

Loup-
Hmm, I dunno. I'm not that familiar with Fasching, but you could be right.

I was a military brat and lived in Germany growing up...okay, not really, but it could happen! I'm sorry to say I was born and raised here in Texas. Dang. I still contend we're soulmates, though. ;)

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 8:26:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.