Monday, April 18, 2005

Will Sanderson: Anatomy of a Cutie

I finally got around to seeing the movie House of the Dead. I'm normally so not into zombie movies (Reason: The 2 G's: Genric and overtly Gory), but I happened to catch it on cable a few nights ago. If anything, it confirmed my lack of interest in the genre (zombie movies, not horror). Suffice to say I'm amazed there is a sequel in thw works. Ack! HOWEVER, I found one of the actors so damn cute, it made the dreck tolerable (up to the point where he got killed, then what interest I did have, plummeted). His name is Will Sanderson. Since I was unable to find any pictures of him online, with the exception of one really bad/old headshot, I decided to do some screen captures from the movie. So, here he is in all his cuteness.

Now, onto the next collage of images. Since the topic seems to be somewhat related to the movie (i.e. dead things), I thought I would share some images from some recent eBay auctions I stumbled upon while typing in random words into the search engine. I love medical imagery, esp. vintage medical imagery, so the first item was right up my alley. Unfortunately, these types of items (vintage anatomy charts) go for considerably more money than I am willing to spend, so I did not bother bidding.

In addition, there are some images of a vintage mortician's embalming kit. Sure, it's morbid, but it's also fascinating to look at. I particularly liked the one jar whose label reads: "Makes Every Embalmer A Master Cosmetician"

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

You always show such great stuff! I remember seeing one of those anatomy paper dolls when I was a kid. You can imagine how fascinating it was for a child.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Thank you! I feel the same way about your blog. We both have very different tastes in what we post on our blogs (visually), but somehow they mesh well (to me, anyway).

I know what you mean about the anatomy paper dolls. My mother had a series of medical encyclopedias (which have since been passed on to me) and they have some great anatmoy pages. They're those multi-layer types, you know, printed on transparency-type material, where you can peel away the various layers. So awesome! I just LOVE stuff like that!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 11:05:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.