Tuesday, April 26, 2005

No More Running With Scissors

I don't know about you, but I was one of those kids that loved cutting stuff out and making stuff when I was little. Among those activities, there inevitably came the occasional paper doll. But they had to be COOL paperdolls for me to justify them (Kids can be so cruel. Kids stink.). I remember having Mickey and Minnie paperdolls, Katy Keene, Gilda Radner and even some form of ColorForms paperdolls. I'll even admit to buying the (deep breath) Blossom paperdolls. I just wanted the Joey ("Joe") Lawrence one, I swear! Whoa!

So, now that I've embarrassed myself yet again, I must share with you a new site that I discovered, courtesy of one of my newest blog link additions, Timmy Ray: Paperdoll Heaven! It's chock full of celebrity paperdolls and it's loads of fun. You can even change hair color/style, etc. Very cool.

Unfortunately they are short on the male hotties I was hoping for (Johnny Knoxville, Vince Vaughn, Ben Affleck, Elijah Wood, etc.), but they did have Jude Law and Eminem, so I'm appeased. As you can see, I chose to dress Sarah-Jessica Parker, Jude Law, Kelly Osbourne and David Beckham (he was the closest thing I could get to another male 'celeb' that I liked, though he's not really my cup-o-tea). Just like Fashion Plates, I have a flair for fashion! (Though you'd never know it by looking at me) So, go sign up (it's FREE) and start dressing your favorite celebs. And yes, Dave, they have Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner, sans Ben :(...dang. Yet, they paired up Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. Blech. She gets on my nerves (sorry, Nathan). Oh! Mariana, they have Audrey Tautou and Audrey Hepburn!

P.s. If Sarah-Jessica Parker's skirt looks suspiciously like a blouse, that's because it is a blouse. I had to get creative since there were no good choices available to go with that blouse. Wow...that sounded really gay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But no Elizabeth Hurley or Betty White! A travesty! :-)

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

Where were these links when I was looking for a cool image to go with the lyrics to "Paper Doll" a while ago? I searched and searched and din't find anything any way near as cool as this. *sigh* Fantastic links as usual Kirk, I has a lovely time playing with the Angelina Jolie and Marylin Monroe dolls, and I just have to try the other ones as well. :)

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 2:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Dave2-
True. If they did have Betty White, though, I say there should be a Henny Penny costume!

Mariana-
Oh no! Sorry to hear you couldn't find images for your Paper Dolls post a while ago. I'm glad you like my links. And speaking of paper dolls and links, check out the one I added to 'Ephemera,' called "Papergoodies." More paper doll goodness!

I know what you mean. I can't tell you how many celebrities got the fashion treatment from me! It really is sort of addicting, especially when you have control over such fun things as makeup, hair color/style, etc. Fun fun fun!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:19:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.