Thursday, May 05, 2005

Dumplings, Discounts & Downtown

[1] The Chinese restaurant where I recently had lunch with my parents. Excellent buffet. $6. No mystery meat. I hate those cheapo-type Chinese buffets that sacrifice quality for quantity! Blech!
[2] The CD Warehouse near my house. They always have lots of cool stuff to look at and are the closest thing to that "old 80's record store"-feel.
[3] The emergency exit at a local thrift store.
[4] The entrance to the aforementioned thrift store. The building used to be a gym. So 80's. Gee, can you tell? Too funny.
[5] A really cool grid that covers an entrance to a building in downtown Fort Worth.
[6] A manhole cover in downtown Fort Worth.
[7] The local Masonic Lodge. The Indian Paintbrush (AKA Castilleja linariaefolia) are in full bloom! Beautiful! Oz?
[8] The street I take on the way to the freeway. So lush.
[8] Toys! I don't know about you, but I still love browsing the toy and the school supplies sections at the grocery store.
[10] Yet another manhole cover. Great design. (Freud & Jung would have a field day with this one)

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

OMG I never see one of those Groucho Marx mustache/glasses thingy anywhere! So funny! :D

Thursday, May 05, 2005 3:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was a kid we had a pen shop that sold all kinds of funky school supplies. I had chocolate scented pencils and grape scented erasers and Hello Kitty note pads. = ) I still LOVE school supplies!!

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Isn't it interesting how something so simple can still be popular? I luff Groucho!

Loup-
Testify! Me too! I still have my collection of 'vintage' 80's character pencils (unused): He-Man, Garfield, The Care Bears, She-Ra, etc. Good times. I'll have to scan them and post it one of these days.

Saturday, May 14, 2005 2:40:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.