Monday, May 02, 2005

Blasphemy

Oy vey! No, it's not a Photoshop hoax. It's for real. Years ago I'd heard there was going to be a big screen version of the popular 1950's television show, The Honeymooners (one of my personal favorites). At the time I thought "Oh geez. File this one under the big screen versions of cineturds the likes of which include Car 54, Where Are You?, Wild Wild West and Leave it to Beaver." Well, the time has finally come and the big screen version of The Honeymooners is coming to a theater near you June 10th. I saw the trailer a few weeks ago. Awful. File this shitstain of a movie under Soul Plane, Big Momma's House (Part 2 coming soon, BTW), and Johnson Family vacation.

And now I see he's (Cedric the Entertainer) going to recreate the role originated by the late Rodney Dangerfield in a remake of the 80's movie Back to School. Whose dick is he suckin'? It must be the same one who gave George Lopez his own TV show. Goddamn! Awful, awful, awful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly can't think of one remake or big screen version of a tv show that I like better than the original. I often wonder who the hell is running things in the movie business.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, George Lopez is a lot funnier than his sitcom. I don't get it. If you want to laugh watch George Lopez: Why You Crying? That shit is hilarious!

Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Loup-
You know, you're comment got me to thinking...do I know of any remotely good big screen versions of TV shows that were made into movies? I actually came up with a few that I liked:

-Mission Impossible
-Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
-Wayne's World
-The X-Files Movie

I think that's about it. I also saw the trailer for the new Dukes of Hazzard movie, when I went to see House of Wax, and I must admit it looks like a lot of fun. Even though none of the main characters remotely remind me of the originals.

Rene-
You know, I'll have to concede with you there. I have seen some of his standup on Comedy Central and admittedly it is funnier than that bowel obstruction he passes off as a sitcom. Geez, Louise! "Why you cryin'?" Lol! I'd forgotten about that. That IS funny.

Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:56:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.