Thursday, November 11, 2004

Coffee, Tea or Rheeeee?

I've officially lost it. A friend of mine recently sent me some coffee, so I was looking forward to making a nice pot of it this morning. As you can see by my choice in coffeepots, I'm one of those weird "old-timers" that still enjoys the sound of coffee percolating. But I digress.

So, I go back to the computer room to work on some stuff and 30 minutes later I think to myself "Surely the coffee must be done by now... and don't call me Shirley" As I walk to the kitchen, in the back of my mind I'm thinking "Wow, that's some mild-smelling coffee. I can't even smell it." So, after putting some milk in my coffee cup and 4 spoonfuls of sugar (I like it sweet, sue me), I proceed to pour me a nice hot cup of... water. My first thought was "Damn! The coffeepot's broken." Then I see the unopened package of coffee on the counter. DERR! Something's broken alright, but it ain't my coffeepot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

CL-
I'm one of those weird people that drink coffee seasonally. I only really drink coffee and/or eat soup in the Fall & Winter, so I have to blame any lapses in judgement on the angel dust.

KG-
Thanks! Actually, the green thing is my coffeepot and the red thing is the carafe that I pour the coffee in when it's done. That way it's portable and can travel with me throughout the house and I can have coffee at my fingertips! Hooray for caffeine!

And I agree, you GOTTA see my house one of these days. You'd get a kick out of it. Then we could go get some Chinese food! Yum!

Friday, November 12, 2004 2:51:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.