Friday, October 22, 2004

Jiggity Jog

My parents live in a small town about an hour and a half away. Even though we do not live very far away from each other, I rarely go home anymore. It depresses me too much. However, I had to go pick some things up, so I bit the bullet and got in the car. While I was there, I paid a visit to my favorite 'junk store.' It's not pretty, but it's full of potential "treasures." I bought records mostly. I'll be showing them to you next week.

My parents and I had lunch at THE best fast food taco place on the planet: Taco Casa. Their ingredients are SO fresh (plus they pack on plenty of freshly-shredded cheese!). We were all laughing because their hot sauce was so hot that all out lips were on fire. It's a delicious pain, though. Anyhoo, here's what I saw during my trip:

[1] On my way
[2] Someone's shot the president cat! She's so silly.
[3] 78RPM record heaven!
[4/5] Records I left behind
[6] Books & records
[7] Paperback book rack
[8] Creepy-weirdo dummies
[9] A trunk full of someone else's memories
[10] Sigh... Warren Beatty. Dreamy!
[11] Ms. Hathaway, er, I mean the woman who waited on us at Taco Casa. She asked me if my father was my grandfather. I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered. Or just baffled.
[12] Mmmmm! Hot sauce! Tastes like burning!
[13] My mom has a green thumb
[14] The cat hated to see me leave. Whatta ham.
[15] Heidi Ho Records label

6 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

i'm convinced that ventriloquist dummies come alive when nobody's looking. i don't like them at all.

Friday, October 22, 2004 6:09:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

I agree transience. Ever since I saw the 1978 movie, Magic (a remake of the 1929 movie "Gabbo," if you ask me), with Anthony Hopkins, I have found them creepy. I wouldn't mind owning one, though.

For your creepy Halloween viewing pleasure, consider renting:

Devil Doll (1964)
Dead of Night (1945)

-Kirk :)

Friday, October 22, 2004 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Hi Dariana!

Eh, I find it depressing to go visit my parents on so many levels, but mainly for the following reasons:
[1] They are finally starting to look/act "old" to me. Something all children dread.
[2] There's not much joy in their existance. Nothing positive to say. Health problems, doctor appointments, prescription rants, financial issues and bad business investments dominate our every conversation. Not to mention their petty arguments which haven't changed one iota since I lived at home.
[3] The small town they live in and its' inhabitants depress me.
[4] The interior of their once neat/tidy house (thanks to me and my OCD) has become a raging mess, which they claim to be working on (for the last 15 years), yet never seems to change. I've offered to help, but they refuse to get rid of anything, so it's pointless.
[5] They don't understand what I am talking about 9X out of 10, but act as if they do (I can always tell when they don't) and I don't have the patience to keep dumbing things up anymore.

See? I've depressed you now. Now you know why I didn't go into detail. Lol! It's not a big deal, just part of life.

Thanks for stoppin' by!

-Kirk :)

Friday, October 22, 2004 4:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gosh! what a pretty and scenic road!

those dummies are definately creepy.

jesse

Friday, October 22, 2004 6:19:00 PM  
Blogger {illyria} said...

hey, klutzygirl! that's what i thought about the photo, too! i thought she was a HE. now that i think about it, i'm starting to crack up. i just forgot all about it when i saw the picture of the dummies.

Friday, October 22, 2004 9:17:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Hi Jesse!

Yes, it is a pretty nice drive from where I live to my parents house, once you get past the city limits. I guess I've traveled it so many times, I don't think about it much anymore. If you think it looks good now, you should see it when all the wildflowers are blooming. Covered in: bluebonnets, sunflowers, indian paintbrush, etc. I always end up stopping by the side of the rode and cutting a big bunch to take home. This time of year, however, there are plenty of pumpkin patches at the side of the rode. Kinda like in summertime, but then it's watermelon.

Thanks for stoppin' by!

-Kirk :)

Saturday, October 23, 2004 7:01:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.