Thursday, October 21, 2004

Scratchin' That Kitsch Itch

I love eBay. With that said, I'm going to show you my most recent eBay acquisitions (pictured clockwise).

My most recent purchase was a few days ago: 1942's Cat People. It's such a beautiful film, but then I'm a sucker for movies from from the 30's and 40's. A lot of the DVDs I've purchased, I bought from eBay seller popcornmatinee. He sells out-of-print classic horror movies, which are not otherwise available on DVD. His originals must be on laser disc, because the prints look REALLY great. High quality. The DVDs come in their own plastic keepcases, complete with artwork. Added bonus: every purchase comes with a complimentary bag of microwave popcorn (thus the name "popcornmatinee") In addition, his prices are really fair ($12 + shipping), compared to other DVD-Rs that I have bought in the past that cost twice as much and were either made on inferior DVD-Rs or from poor quality originals. So, check out his auctions and pick up a few in time for Halloween! I highly recommend the rare Burn Witch Burn!

Mark of The Vampire DVD-R
• 1960 Mr. America Magazine
• 1962 Strength & Health Magazine
I Was A Teenage Frankenstein DVD-R
• Vintage Strongman Liquor Decanter
• Vintage Hawaiian Punch Radio
Burn Witch Burn DVD-R
• Vintage Reproduction Jointed Halloween Card
Borden's Elsie's Hostess Recipe Book
• 3 Issues of Jay Stephen's Atomic City Comics

3 Comments:

Blogger {illyria} said...

i'm a sucker for the fashion of the 30s and 40s. you've got great taste-a true old soul.

Thursday, October 21, 2004 8:31:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Hi KlutzyGirl!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with eBay. But, don't give up, not everyone is a fink. I've been selling on eBay for nearly five years, and I always deliver. :) I've had my share of eBay misfortune, but they have been few and far between. Besides, I can be one persistant bitch when I want to be. Lol

Kettle corn?! You got a deal! You like root beer or Cherry Pepsi? I dunno if you saw my DVD collection online (http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=kirkkitsch) or not, but yes, I do have LOTS of movies. And that's just my DVD collection. Don't even get me started on my VHS collection. Lol! If only cool people like you lived near me, dammit! I have the worst luck when it comes to geographical location. Dang....mumble

Yes! You should definitely check out popcornmatinee's auctions. You just can't go wrong. I trust their product implicitly. Just be sure your DVD player can play DVD-Rs.

-Kirk :)

Friday, October 22, 2004 5:04:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Hi Ty!

Thanks! That's music to my ears. You wouldn't believe how worked up some people get, regarding Mac "Vs" PC. Geez, relax that sphincter, people! It's just an OS.

I love my iMac. As I've mentioned before, I've been using Mac ever since 1984, and I haven't strayed since...well, maybe once, but it was for a computer class in college.

BTW, I noticed your blog is "Got Twins." At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I was reading your blog the other day, via Blog Explosion. I cracked when I read "by the looks on their faces you would have thought I was feeding them creamed shit" LMAO! Too funny! Plus, the picture with the leaf ( McKinley Monument blog) is just too sweet. :)

Thanks for stoppin' by! Happy blogging!

-Kirk :)

Friday, October 22, 2004 5:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.