Saturday, October 30, 2004

All Hallow's Eve Agenda

Yesterday I went to the big book sale I look forward to every year. It's held by the Women's Auxiliary every October. It used to be held at the Army Reserve near the park, but ever since "Operation Freedom," it's been moved across the street in the auditorium of the Lutheran church. Outside the church on the front lawn, they've been hosting a "Pumpkin Patch" for the last 4 years. They get their pumpkins from Native Americans who grow them specifically for the sale each year , and therefore part of the proceeds go to them. I killed two birds with one stone by buying a box of books (more details next week) AND a pumpkin.

Since I already took care of getting provisions yesterday, today I am gonna listen to my Halloween records while I make some spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and bits of candy corn! Mmmm! I bought a loaf of fresh sourdough bread yesterday, so I think I'll be having a Monterey jack/provolone grilled cheese with a bowl of tomato soup. Here's the list of movies I'll be watching throughout the day:
Mark of The Vampire (1935)
Monster Mania (Hosted by Elvira) (1997)
The Changeling (1980)
The Fog (1980)
Clue (1985)
Village of The Damned (1960)
The Devil Bat (1940)
Hocus Pocus (1993)
The Turn of The Screw (1994)
Also, don't forget these horror goodies on TV tonight:
7PM
The Hollow- The presence of Ichabod Crane's descendant (Kevin Zegers) in Sleepy Hollow conjures the Headless Horseman, and slaughter ensues. (Family Channel) (Repeats @ 9PM and Sun. @ 5PM)
Comments: I've been waiting to see this one for quite some time. Sounds like a promising premise, plus Kevin Zegers is H-O-T.
9PM
The Other- Something's strange about twin boys on a 1930's Connecticut farm. (FMC Channel) (Repeats Sun. @ 11AM and Mon. @ 1AM)
Comments: This creepy lil' chiller has been long out-of-print and co-stars a young John Ritter. Really great psychological thriller. Try to catch it if you can.

Also, Elvira will be hosting scary movies all this weekend on Lifetime, so be sure and flip by there at some point!

*This is one of three posts I made today, so be sure you scroll down! I know you're just like Aerosmith: you don't wanna miss a thing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Man! I wish you lived closer too. All my "friends" are too busy with their faux-fabulous lives to do something as "lowly" as sit and watch horror movies with me, much less order pizza. I vote for sausage!

Great horror movie collection, BTW! I'm watching Hell Night tomorrow night! Andrew creeps me OUT!

BTW, great pumpkin (no pun intended)! I bought a big one this year, too. I may still go buy a few more tomorrow afternoon. I like to have a few to sit on the steps of the porch.

-Kirk :)

Saturday, October 30, 2004 8:26:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.