Friday, October 29, 2004

Rhapsody in Ewww

Ack! My mom came across an old spiral notebook of mine, circa 1989/1990 and it contained some dark, broody, dramalicious poetry I had written during my "angst years." Being a typical mother, she kept telling me how good it was ("It rhymes!"). Moms, you gotta love em'. However, being the cynic I am, I know better. My angst is your gain! Oh well, I can laugh about it now. So, put on your favorite Cure album, light some candles and get ready to snap your approval for:

Teen Angst Poetry

(WARNING: Please do not operate heavy machinery while reading this poetry.)

Dark Reality

The cold mirrored image
is but a mirage of who I was
Rippling reflections of the past
Splinters of ice befall my soul
at the reality of my existence

Sole Search

Journey inward
look inside
beam with shame
or with pride
Alter time and direction
Remain the same
or make corrections
Questions

It

Bobbing up and down
floating on by
Will you try to catch it?
Will you ask yourself why?
They say be careful what you wish for
you just may receive
Wut once you have obtained it
will you smile or will you grieve?

Recall

Clouded thought and dreams
are like memories long forgotten
Remembrance is painful, but necessary
Images arrest your mind as they consume your soul

0 Comments:

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.