Friday, October 29, 2004

Mad Love Tonight on Turner Classic Movies

As I've mentioned on more than one occasion, I am a big Peter Lorre fan. With that said, I wanted to make you aware of 3 of his best horror/crime movies that will be coming on Turner Classic Movies tonight, consecutively at 7PM • 8:15PM and 9:15PM (check local listings for time and channel).

Mad Love (1935) Dead hands that live... and love... and kill!
An insane surgeon's obsession with an actress leads him to replace her wounded pianist's hands with the hands of a knife murderer which still have the urge to throw knives.
The Beast With Five Fingers (1946) It walks like a spider... it stalks like a cobra!
Locals in an Italian village believe evil has taken over the estate of a recently deceased pianist where several murders have taken place. The alleged killer: the pianist's severed hand.
Quicksand (1950) This is the story of a nice guy who borrows $20 from a cash register to keep a date... with a cop... and a killer!
Motor mechanic Dan Brady lacks funds for a heavy date with new waitress Vera, the type whose life's ambition is a fur coat; so he embezzles twenty dollars from his employer. To make up the shortage, he goes in debt for a hundred. Thereafter, every means he tries to get out of trouble only gets him deeper into crime, while everyone he meets is out for what they can get.

Mad Love is one of my Halloween movie traditions. I was lucky enough to find it on VHS (it's still not available on DVD) recently and will be watching it Halloween night.

If you'd like to send a Mad Love or The Beast With Five Fingers e-card to someone, just click them!

*This is the first of multiple articles I will be posting today. So, be sure and scroll down!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot-diggity damn!! (what does that even mean?). I have gone up in the world, from number 40 something to number 19 on the 'strife-bloglist'... woot! That puts me in the readable 20.
{/gloat}
:)

Sam

Friday, October 29, 2004 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Oh Sam, you'll always be in my top 20. I get a kick out of reading your blog, plus, it doesn't hurt that you're so cute I wanna pinch your widdle cheeks. (the ones on your face, don't panic)

And speaking of photos, I SO love the photo of your sister (you?) holding the dog, while wearing the vampire fangs! LOL! One of the reasons I love it when people post pictures from their lives. I'm such a voyeur.

But seriously, I separate my Blog links by the people who link to me, first (out of common curtesy) and then all others I also enjoy. I make a concerted effort to read all the people's blogs who've linked to me.

Happy Halloween!

-Kirk :)

Saturday, October 30, 2004 8:42:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.