Wednesday, August 23, 2006

'FREE' Rhymes With 'Wheeee!'

Hey gang, I'm giving away a copy of one of the books I'm currently reading, The Revenge of Kali-Ra by K.K. Beck. It's a hardcover book with dustjacket and is in like-new condition. It's a modern pulp-style mystery novel. Here's a brief synopsis: Nadia Wentworth, a big-bosomed, empty-headed Hollywood actress, chances upon a fictional character she wishes to portray. Taken from pulp novels by a jaded 1920s drug addict, Kali-Ra (the Queen of Doom) embodies a dangerous blend of eroticism, bondage, and violence. As soon as Nadia makes her plans known, grasping strangers appear on her doorstep: the author's ancient widow, an alcohol-soaked scriptwriter, and Kali-Ra's current incarnation. Beck's subsequent mixture of spoof, exaggerated confrontation, phoney mysticism, and murder spotlights Nadia's level-headed assistant Melanie, who saves the day.


To make it fun, I created a grid (click it to enlarge, if needed) of some of my favorite things, wherein there are images from over 40 movies. Name just 4 and e-mail them to me. The first 8 correct responses will be put into a drawing and the winner will receive the book FOC. Good luck!

Also, I'd appreciate if you'd take a few seconds and answer my poll so that I can gauge interest in future giveaways. Thanks!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not entering the drawing (I'm already neck-deep in unread books!), I just wanted to say that I think it's very cool that you have a teensy pic of Orson Welles in your collage. Orson is my boy!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 7:45:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheryl-
I hear ya! I too have enough to read right now. And as far as Orson goes, I luff him. Just watched The Stranger (1946) again last night!

Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.