Thursday, August 10, 2006

Gots


[1] Marvel Legends
Comment: One of my friends saw these on clearance at Wal-Mart and picked one up for me. Very cool. I already own some of the comics, so this was really cool to get. Here's what the box includes: The spookiest, creepiest, scariest Marvel Legends ever put to paper come together in one fright–filled box of terror! This Marvel Legends Monsters Gift Pack features all your favorite Marvel Legends Monsters in 6" super–articulated form inspired by your favorite Marvel comics, from The Tomb of Dracula, The Tale of the Living Zombie, Werewolf by Night, and, of course the granddaddy of them all, Monsters Unleashed Frankenstein. As if that weren't enough to put more chills in your nightmares, you'll also get a special Marvel Monster Poster Book so you can put your favorite fear monger on your wall to keep a closer eye on him! Keep your Monsters in the box—or use the included display stands to unleash the terror wherever you go!
[2] The Rocketeer Movie Trading Cards
Comment: The newsstand I frequent recently starting selling trading cards. I about peed myself when I saw boxes of Dick Tracy, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, New Kids on the Block, Goosebumps, Universal Monsters, Yo! MTV Raps and other assorted retro goodness. All new and unopened! I bought the entire unopened box of The Rocketeer trading cards. $8
[3] Be Kool Soft Gel Sheets
Comment: If you read my blog, you know my history of migraine headaches. Well, I recently bought a box of these Be Kool cool gel sheets. AND not only are they great for headaches, but they are great at keeping me from sweating like a fiend in this ridiculous Texas heat. Sometimes, if I know I will be running errands foe most of the day, I will place one of these on the back of my neck and it keeps me feel nice 'n cool. Very versatile and handy! The strips contain a cooling gel but no medicine and can be easily cut to size. Though not necessary, I like to keep mine in the fridge for extra frosty goodness. Check 'em out!
[4] Crayola Twistables Colored Pencils: 12 pk.
Comment: I love these new Twistable colored pencils from Crayola! Though I bought the 12 pk., there's also an 18 pk. available. I initially thought the colored pencils (we used to call them "map pencils" back in the day) might be waxy or melt-y, but they are just like traditional colored pencil leads, minus all that annoying sharpening! FUN! There's also Twistable crayons and markers!
[5] Sneaux Pipe Skips Chocolate/Orange/White Leather shoes
Comment: I've been looking for "tenny shoes"I could live with. These are them! I rarely buy shoes, but I need something a little more casual to wear with shorts instead of the black clodhoppers I wear now.
[6] Big Poppa Pump Action Figure
Comment: Found this on eBay for 99¢ I luff him.
[7] That Was Then, This Is Now Paperback Book. © 1975
Comment: I bought this book at the thrift store last week for 27¢. It's by S.E. Hinton, the author who also wrote such teen angst favorites as The Outsiders, Rumble Fish and Tex. And get the grooviest part of all...it was signed by the author! How cool is that?!
[8] Vintage Peter Pan Peanut Butter Jar
Comment: I went to some garage sales a few weekends ago. The majority of them were pretty slim pickin's, but I did find this BIG ol' Peter Pan Peanut Butter jar! I Miss glass containers, and this one will make a great holder for all my old map pencils. 10¢!
[9] Assorted Coloring Books
Comment: Think what you will, I still enjoy coloring. However, I do prefer the better quality coloring books, since they are printed on sturdier paper. Coloring isn't just for kids anymore, so that means there's a great variety of coloring books available out there. Here are the ones I purchased recently:

Classic Tattoo Designs Coloring Book
Monsters Stained Glass Coloring Book
Alice in Wonderland Stained Glass Coloring Book
Cunt Coloring Book
Infamous Women Coloring Book

2 Comments:

Blogger girlzoot said...

Holy Crap! I have three of those coloring books!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Girlzoot-
Awesome! You have good taste! ;)

The stained glass ones have been favorites for years. Such a great idea, whoever came up with them.

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.