Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hey Kool-Aid! OH YEAH!

I recently bought a bunch of really great cookbooklets, and one of them I'm especially excited about is a 1976 cookbooklet entitled Kool-Aid Comes of Age. It's filled with all these great recipes using Kool-Aid Soft Drink Mix. I thought one recipe was particularly awesome; It's a Kool-Aid cut-up cake! For those who may not be familiar with what a 'cut-up cake' is, it's a novelty-shaped cake that can be made by cutting up cakes made with everyday shaped pans (circle, rectangle, square). Though this cake was intended for a Halloween party, in the context of the cookbook, I couldn't wait until October to share it with you!

[ Click on image for a printable version ]

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But that cake recipe doesn't include Kool-Aid as an ingredient! What's the point?

Anyway, I love how serious the title is. "Kool-Aid Comes of Age" sounds like a subtitle for a documentary about Jonestown.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Cheryl-
You crazy, mixed-up kid and your ADD! You didn't notice that on the second page, it tells you how to make the flavored/tinted coconut for the cake topping: "1 teaspoon Kool-Aid unsweetened soft drink mix, any flavor."

I loved the title of the cookbook too, but I mainly bought it for the 'groovy' cover and because I have never seen a Kool-Aid recipe book! I GOTTA make the fruit-flavored sugar cookies now!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger RC said...

that's really really cool...i can't imagine what all sorts of different things are inside that cook book.

I love it.

ummm..i want some kool-aid, where is that kool-aid man.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.