Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Mancandy


Today's edition of Mancandy felt a bit blasphemous initially, what with Jay being a "man of God" now, but I thought 'What the heck! I still like him and nothing can erase those wonderful 80's memories,' so I said 'what the H-E-double hockey sticks!' and went ahead as planned. Besides, not unlike the words quoted by John Corbett in the recent comedy, Raising Helen: "I'ma sexy man of God, and I know it." I feel Jay would fall under that same category, so enjoy.

Remember Jay Underwood? I sure do! I remember falling in love with him, back in 1986, when I first saw him in the movie The Boy Who Could Fly. He was just so beautiful to look at, and to this day I still love that movie (plus, Mindy Cohn was in it, and you know how I love me some 'Natalie' from The Facts of Life). Some of you may be familiar with him from the made-for-TV Disney movies, Not Quite Human, which I liked, but Alan Thicke played his "scientist" father, and he (Alan) got on my nerves. Then there was 'Bug', the oversexed boyfriend from Uncle Buck, and lots more B movies and roles in various television shows. The latest thing I've seen him in was some Advil commercials, where he is looking HOT, BTW. He's sporting some stubble now and it looks sooo good on him. SIGH.

Anyhoo, I Googled him a few weeks ago and discovered that he's now employed by Calvary Bible Church, out of California, as one of their youth pastors. In additional, he's even authored a sermon or two. Initially I was crushed, because, as you know, I tend to associate organized religion (specifically Christianity) as a one-way ticket to Hatesville, but in Calvary's defense, I have yet to sit and completely read their 'What We Believe' portion of their web site (I'm afraid to...I'm not sure I wanna know if Jay has been brainwashed or not).

So, since I'm unable to find a physical/e-mail address to send him a request for an autographed photo, against my better judgement, I'm going to make an attempt to contact him via his e-mail address at the church. I made a promise to myself a few New Years ago that I would make a concerted effort to contact and receive autographed pictures from the people whom have brought me enjoyment/inspiration throughout my life. Unfortunately, I was too late with the late Anne Bancroft and some others, but I have to continue to try. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.