Friday, July 14, 2006

Don't Fear the Cheaper

I was talking to a friend the other day and we discussing how we were 'taking charge' of our clutter and cleaning out the bathroom cabinets, kitchen cabinets, etc. My friend was saying how she had so much overstock of things like deodorant, etc., while I was saying that I had hoarded enough shampoo to keep Johnny Depp's and Ethan Hawke's hair clean (an altogether alien experience, I'm sure) well into the year 2009. We both wondered what our 'deal' was, since neither of us grew up during The Depression, which seems to be the excuse our parents always used to give us as to why we had stacks of Cool Whip bowls stacked under the kitchen sink, for those last-minute church potlucks, picnics, funerals, leftovers, etc.


Well, I dunno about my friend, but here's my excuse: Walgreen's clearance rack. I love it! I embrace it with gleeful relish nearly every time I pass by it. It's got so much great stuff! For instance, I was lamenting the fact that Suave had discontinued their Chamomile shampoo, so I've been using it sparingly, savoring it's clean scent. So my eyes lit up like a child on Christmas morning (while plugging in the Christmas tree lights with wet hands), when I saw a ginormous bottle of Chamomile shampoo made by Herbal Essense...for $2 no less! Wooo hoo! It smells just the same and there's enough to refill my Suave bottle, at least 2 1/2 times! And don't even get me started on the time I bought the, now discontinued, Tide StainBrush for .75¢ -or- the time I found the (now also discontinued) Dawn Power Dish Brush 2-pack replacement heads for $1.25! Whew, I'm getting lightheaded...

Viva la Walgreen's clearance shelf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.