Friday, July 21, 2006

It's Hard Out There for a Primp -or- Drama Preen


A while back I took some screen captures of one of the authors of the Left Behind series of books, Tim LaHaye, being interviewed on Good Morning America.

Those unfamiliar with the Left Behind series (they're like crack to people here in Texas, natch), it's basically just more of the same ol' fire 'n brimstone rhetoric that we've all heard before: Christians= good/Everyone else=bad. As one reviewer put it: "Stop hijacking Jesus. Start listening to God. Stop ruining God's message. God decides who goes to heaven. Not some writer." Don't they know hijacking Jesus is big $, esp. in the red states?! Yee haaaw! Bring on the Jesus Juice and Oracle Oreos (chock full o'prophecies!), I'm gonna hijack like a muthafucka, yo!

So, here's my question: For someone who's such a homophobe (he's one of those types that doesn't "hate" gays, but he's 'praying for them'), is it just me that finds it ironic that this guy looks like he's played his share of skin flutes? When I first passed by the television and saw him being interviewed I thought he was going to be discussing his role(s) in the revival of Victor/Victoria. Seriously, is it just me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Maven said...

What I loathe are the idiots who read the Left Behind series or The DaVinci Code, and mistake works of fiction (inspired by the bible) as FACT. They are CONJECTURE. They are meant to be provocative. The intelligent thing to do would be to read those books, do some research for oneself and deduce for oneself what the truth IS, rather than be an inert sponge.

OY!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:13:00 PM  
Blogger AMHQ said...

Dude, he's not gay, he's a pedophile. He's got the pedophile grin. Lecharous and predatorial.

Sunday, July 23, 2006 2:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Nuggetmaven-
Oh man, don't even get me started on that corncobbery! I couldn't agree more. I think the people who read this religious propaganda disguised as mainstream entertainment, already have fundamentalist thought processes that are unable to filter anything out that doesn't jive with their own mores. In short, I don't consider these people "well-read" just because they've read a book that sold so many millions of copies and/or was on the best seller list for a certain amount of time, regardless of subject matter. Most people are sheep when it comes to certain societal expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate it! :D

Master Blasphemy-
Wow. Can you believe I didn't even think about that? I can so see that as a possibility. There's just something off-putting about his overall appearance that transcends his religious beliefs.

Good eye!

Thanks for commenting! :)

Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.