Friday, July 28, 2006

Harvey's Candy Panties

Growing up, I was never a big follower of the whole Charlie's Angels phenomena. I think a lot of it was because I was too young at the time, plus the fact that even if I was a teenager with raging hormones, they were raging for those moments when Lou Ferrigno would rip out of his clothes during an episode of The Incredible Hulk. But that's neither here nor there. My point is, I never really followed the series, but have recently 'discovered' it via OnDemand and I'm lovin' it!

Some observations:

• I'm sure this will come as no surprise to any straight males out there, and is obviously why the show was so popular (critics didn't coin the phrase 'jiggle TV' for nothing). However, being gay and not ever really thinking about it, I've noticed an abundance of nipples, especially from Farrah Fawcett (whose appeal I just never understood. She uggy...though I did dig Saturn 3) and Jaclyn Smith...not so much from Kate Jackson (I'm still watching episodes from Season 1). Farrah consistently looks like she's smuggling 2 gumdrops under her blouse.

Jaclyn Smith's character, 'Kelly' drives me NUTS every single time she sneaks into a possible suspect's office and snoops around! I HATE THAT! I know it's silly, but it seriously stresses me out. Every time! LOL! Of course, she gets caught from time to time. She's such a bad liar.

• Speaking of Jaclyn Smith, I LOVE the episode where the Angels go undercover as "high fashion" models. Esp. the scene where JS is posing for pictures outside near a pool and has her props (a straw hat and her luscious locks) and one of her signature moves to 'spice' up a photo is to tilt the hat sideways. And she's SO into it. All serious, yet sassy....ROTFLMAO! OMG, that makes me laugh every single time.

• I love Kate Jackson. She's my favorite Angel. I seem to be in the minority on this one, but I don't care. I always thought she was the coolest one. Though, as you can see from the screen capture (which I couldn't help but share), she looks super lame in a 70's-style nurse's cap. I laughed my ass off when I saw her enter the hospital room for the first time. I was waiting for her to ask the patient 'You want fries with that?'

• As much as I love the 70's, the show has some laughable fashions, acting and scenarios. I esp. love how no one ever puts 2 and 2 together and ponders why 3 hot chicks just happen to come on the scene during/after a crime. What a coincidence! Rheee!

• It cracks me up that 'Charlie' is such a pussyhound. We get it already. You love pussy. Pussy gives you wood. Young pussy is good, but multiple young pussy is better. You're a stud. Now go get that penicillin prescription filled, Hot Stuff.

All in all, I'm enjoying watching the series. I want to get Season 1 on DVD, but I'm not sure about the other seasons. I'll have to see how they 'feel,' what with Cheryl Ladd replacing Farrah and Shelley Hack (WTF?) replacing Kate Jackson. I must admit though, that I do like Tanya Roberts, so maybe I'll pick up around Season 5 (plus, that's also around the time they aired the Mr. Galaxy episode, the next to last episode which revolves around a bodybuilding competition and co-stars one of my favorite 'old school' bodybuilders, Roger Callard. ROWR!).


P.s. If you're wondering where-the-hell the title of this post came from, it's the name of an 'erotic' underwear company owned by one of the lecherous old men suspects in episode 2. FYI.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm with you in the minority, I love Kate Jackson best, too!
She was the 'smart' one. (That's probaby also why we don't see as many gumdrops from her.)
I remember a few episodes where the two 'hair' gals got to do something beautiful/stupid, like modeling, and Kate got to be a reporter or a nurse.
It made me feel good that women didn't have to just be beautiful and brainless!

Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:06:00 AM  
Blogger Dennis! said...

I absolutely love the Angels -- I own the first two seasons on DVD and will probably pick up the third season soon (it's available already).

When I was a kid, I always thought Kate Jackson was the "ugly but smart" one of the three. Watching the show again now, though, I realize she is, in fact, extremely hot. Maybe it was the outfits.

What I find the funniest about the show is that many times they don't really have to work that hard to get information. In one particular episode, the investigation goes like this:

Charlie: I understand Suspect likes this particular bar.
Kelly: I'll try to get some information from him.

Then Kelly silkily glides into the bar and orders a drink. Suspect promptly leaves his friends and walks up to her and starts spilling his guts. Because, you know, she's just so gorgeous he can't help it.

But I do so love me my Angels!

Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hya, Kirk! I've just created a web campaign against abandoning animals. It's very easy to help and totally free. If you think you'd be interested, here is the link:

http://proudtosay.blogspot.com/

Saturday, July 29, 2006 7:55:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Shells-
True, I guess Kate was the "smart one" by deafault. Kelly was such a ham when it came to over-selling us on her sex appeal (swinging that hair with gusto) and I just never 'got' the appeal of Farrah.

Thanks for taking the time to comment! :)

Dennis!-
LOL! I know what you mean (re: Kate being the "ugly, but smart" one). I had similar feelings when it came to the Facts of Life cast...but that's another story.

LMAO @ 'silkily!' You crack me up! It's soooo true though. All their gigs were no brainers, and I have to say I died laughing recently while watching the episode where Farrah (AKA Jill) skateboards her way through a high-speed chase. LOL! WhatEVER!

I love them now too, thanks to OnDemand and DVD.

Thanks for commenting :)

Mariana-
A very commendable idea! I don't currenty have a kitty, but I have been looking to adopt one. I'm hoping to find another kitty like my last one, one that needs a new home because their owner died, had to relocate to a nursing center, etc. Not that I want someone to DIE, but you know what I mean. When I start actively looking for one again this Fall, I will definitely blog about it and link back to your new pet blog!

And just in case you're wondering, I haven't forgotten I said I'd write a blog for your Gatochy blog. I promise, it's coming! :D

Thanks for keeping me updated!

Friday, August 11, 2006 4:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.