Harvey's Candy Panties
Growing up, I was never a big follower of the whole Charlie's Angels phenomena. I think a lot of it was because I was too young at the time, plus the fact that even if I was a teenager with raging hormones, they were raging for those moments when Lou Ferrigno would rip out of his clothes during an episode of The Incredible Hulk. But that's neither here nor there. My point is, I never really followed the series, but have recently 'discovered' it via OnDemand and I'm lovin' it!
• I'm sure this will come as no surprise to any straight males out there, and is obviously why the show was so popular (critics didn't coin the phrase 'jiggle TV' for nothing). However, being gay and not ever really thinking about it, I've noticed an abundance of nipples, especially from Farrah Fawcett (whose appeal I just never understood. She uggy...though I did dig Saturn 3) and Jaclyn Smith...not so much from Kate Jackson (I'm still watching episodes from Season 1). Farrah consistently looks like she's smuggling 2 gumdrops under her blouse.
• Jaclyn Smith's character, 'Kelly' drives me NUTS every single time she sneaks into a possible suspect's office and snoops around! I HATE THAT! I know it's silly, but it seriously stresses me out. Every time! LOL! Of course, she gets caught from time to time. She's such a bad liar.
• Speaking of Jaclyn Smith, I LOVE the episode where the Angels go undercover as "high fashion" models. Esp. the scene where JS is posing for pictures outside near a pool and has her props (a straw hat and her luscious locks) and one of her signature moves to 'spice' up a photo is to tilt the hat sideways. And she's SO into it. All serious, yet sassy....ROTFLMAO! OMG, that makes me laugh every single time.
• I love Kate Jackson. She's my favorite Angel. I seem to be in the minority on this one, but I don't care. I always thought she was the coolest one. Though, as you can see from the screen capture (which I couldn't help but share), she looks super lame in a 70's-style nurse's cap. I laughed my ass off when I saw her enter the hospital room for the first time. I was waiting for her to ask the patient 'You want fries with that?'
• As much as I love the 70's, the show has some laughable fashions, acting and scenarios. I esp. love how no one ever puts 2 and 2 together and ponders why 3 hot chicks just happen to come on the scene during/after a crime. What a coincidence! Rheee!
• It cracks me up that 'Charlie' is such a pussyhound. We get it already. You love pussy. Pussy gives you wood. Young pussy is good, but multiple young pussy is better. You're a stud. Now go get that penicillin prescription filled, Hot Stuff.
All in all, I'm enjoying watching the series. I want to get Season 1 on DVD, but I'm not sure about the other seasons. I'll have to see how they 'feel,' what with Cheryl Ladd replacing Farrah and Shelley Hack (WTF?) replacing Kate Jackson. I must admit though, that I do like Tanya Roberts, so maybe I'll pick up around Season 5 (plus, that's also around the time they aired the Mr. Galaxy episode, the next to last episode which revolves around a bodybuilding competition and co-stars one of my favorite 'old school' bodybuilders, Roger Callard. ROWR!).
P.s. If you're wondering where-the-hell the title of this post came from, it's the name of an 'erotic' underwear company owned by one of the