Thursday, November 03, 2005

Feelings, Wo-o-o Feelings

I've been feeling kinda blah lately, so I've decided to take a brief hiatus from blogging. I'm going to take some time to regroup, work on some future blog posts and curl up in my sock drawer, and sleep for days. I'm sure whatever it is will pass and I'll be back blogging in no time. It won't be a long time, maybe a week. Two, tops.

In the meantime, I'm giving each of you an assignment. I've decided to resurrect an idea that I used last fall, called The Photo Genie.

Here's how it works: Think of 3 photos you'd like to see posted on my blog. (Things around my house, things that I own, etc.)

To get an idea of what people asked for last year, click here, here and here.

I'll continue to update my other blog Jam Handy!, only because I have months worth of entries already archived. Otherwise, I won't be accessible online. Instead of my own private Idaho, I'll have my own private deprivation chamber. Think of it as me being away on vacation somewhere fabulous sans the postcards...and the photographs...and the jetlag...and the fun...

Hopefully you'll bear with me and come see me when I get back. In the meantime, there's always the archives.
Paul: I'm....sorry. Is he all right?
Holly: Sure. Sure. He's okay. Aren't you, Cat? Poor old Cat. Poor slob. Poor slob without a name. I don't have the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is, but I know what it's like. It's like Tiffany's.
Paul: Tiffany's? You mean the jewelry store?
Holly: That's right. I'm crazy about Tiffany's. Listen. You know those days when you get the mean reds?
Paul: The "mean reds?" You mean, like the blues?
Holly: No. The blues are because you're getting fat or it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of. Don't you ever get that feeling?
Paul: Sure. Some people call it angst.
Holly: When I get it, what does any good is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness, the proud look. Nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, then... then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name...I'm sorry. You wanted something. Oh, the telephone.
*Much thanks to Mona for permitting me to use her picture of her sweet kitty, Hillary.

6 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Well, now I'm depressed. I hope you get some rest and come back better than ever, Kirk! Hugs.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

Oh, and as for photos, I'd like to see:

1. a photo of your bathroom (which I'm sure must be spic and span;)

2. a photo of your medicine cabinet;

3. a photo of your bed.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger GrandPooOfAwesome said...

I heart BatT quotes.

Come back soon!

Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:08:00 PM  
Blogger Samantha J. said...

Well You will be missed.I read you pretty much everyday ya know! See you when you get back! :)

Friday, November 04, 2005 8:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ups and downs are quite normal, I go through constantly. But, I'm also insane.

Saturday, November 12, 2005 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Well, I contemplated whether or not to go into detail (as much detail as I'm willing to disclose in a public forum anyway), simply because I didn't want to come off all dramatic, rivaling Scarlett O'Hara just short of "the vapors." Then I thought "fuck it. this is reality." and went ahead and told the truth. It's all been such a part of my life for so long that it's not really a big deal anymore. Like everyone else, I have my ups and my downs (the ups seem to have dwindled over the last 4 years).

Anyway, thanks for the nice comments. I do appreciate them (and you). :)

By the way, due to lack of interest in the whole "Photo Genie" idea (again), I've opted to just forget it (sorry). I don't want another repeat of last year where I had to hound the people into sending in requests, posting multiple posts practically dragging the requests out of them. I wrote the lack of participation off as the fact that my blog was still relatively new, so that's why I attempted it again this year. Apparently the novelty hasn't worn off.

Besides, pretty much everything you requested was requested last year (sans my bed). Just click on one of the 3 links to check them out.

GrandPooOfAwesome-
Cool! Though Breakfast at Tiffany's is a total gay cliche (along with Auntie Mame, The Wizard of Oz, etc.), I couldn't resist. I really do love the movie and the quote couldn't have been more apropos. :) Besides, George Peppard was so hot in that movie. Favorite scene: the Halloween masks at the 5 & Dime.

Thanks for such a nice comment. :)

Nccountry-
Pardon me. I just fainted. LOL! I'm so glad someone, besides the people on my payroll, reads my blog! I have around 45 "blogrolling" links and who knows how many hyperlinks to my blog, but sometimes I wonder. Thank you for the compliment! You made my day! :D

Rene-
That's completely understandable. I can relate to an extent. I just need to make a commitment to getting help (again).

I've been meaning to write you. I'll be getting in touch later. In light of recent events, I hope you're doing alright. Take care of yourself. :)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 4:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.