Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Blog Update

As some of you may or may not have noticed, I gave the ol' sidebar a complete overhaul yesterday (to the tune of 3 1/2 hours). Why?, you may ask. Because my current image host is run by a buncha retards. That's why. So, now I am in the process of relocating allll my blog images to another host. The irony is that I am moving them to the original host I was using when I first started blogging. I, for some insane reason, thought that I would have a little more peace of mind if my images were hosted by a service that I paid for, and therefore were technically more 'permanant.' Apparently not. Thus, my return to my original image host: ImageShack.

So, please be patient while I transfer all my images over to my new image host. I realize that most of the images hosted at my old image host are working NOW, but I don't care. I'm fed up with the continuous lack of service, not to mention the ongoing "exceeded bandwidth" horseshit that Picgoo manages to do each and every month. They don't answer my questions. They don't explain the continual outages. Good riddance.

I considered an image host by the name of box, but my e-mail to them, asking if they provide an actual URL, so that I can use the images not only in personal online albums, but also to host images on my blog, apparently blew someone's mind. They basically replied with a generic answer, regurgitating the information already found on their site. So, this lead me to just say 'fuck it' and move all my images to ImageShack.

So, now that you know the game plan, here are a few dilemmas that I am having, maybe you can point me in the right direction:

A) One of ImageShack's terms of service is not to upload any nudity. Since I have maybe 2 or 3 posts (to date) that contain accompanying images of nudity, I don't know what to do with those posts' images.

B) I really wish I could figure out how to align the 'Links' image with the rest of the buttons above it. I've tried every HTML thing I know of, but I fear my blog template is written in CSS, which me no understand.

C) Do you prefer the images to have borders or not? I started out with borders on my images (*see my earlier posts), but then grew weary of them over time. NOW I read on a blog template page that borders make things "pop" and are pwetty. Which do you prefer? I can go either way with this one.

I keep thinking I'm forgetting something, but I dunno what it was that I wanted to ask. Oh well, if I remember I'll just add it later. Thanks for your help!

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

They only have a problem with nudity if someone complains, which is hardly likely.

I can't help you with your side bar problem, and I don't think I've ever noticed the borders. I notice the images themselves, not the outer corners.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:51:00 PM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

I don't like the borders on images and took them off Cyber Chocolate and Shelly's Book Shelf (so far; might do the other blogs later). If I want a transparent look, the borders just look weird to me.

As for your sidebar, I'm not sure what the problem is. The links line up in the sidebar on the main page, but form a second column on the permalink page for the entry, which is weird. They also tend to be long and don't get broken up. Maybe if you shorten them, then put a br code and then the explanation or whatever, which will go to the next line. But I thought it would have broken the link into lines, anyway, so I don't know why you have such long link lines.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Actually, someone had a smart (and simple) idea: why not just upload them to another free image host? Doi! Why didn't I think of that?

I think I'm going to keep the images border-free. Looking back at my old posts, I prefer the borderless ones, myself.

Thanks for the input, it helps! :)

Shelly-
You know, I never though about it before, but now that you mention it, my links are freakishly long. I have no idea why either. Maybe one of these days I'll break down and buy a customized template. Ah, one can dream.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! :)

Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.