Thursday, June 09, 2005

Art Archive II: BAD Early Work

According to comments left on my blog posted last Thursday, some of you stated that you would be interested in seeing my admittedly-bad early collage work. Primarily an assignment from my bookmaking class.

I know that initially I didn't have any qualms about displaying them here, but I must admit that while I was scanning them, I felt really uncomfortable and embarrassed. More embarrassed than uncomfortable, actually. I guess it's because at some point these were personal and valid, but mostly because they are achingly bad. Trust me, this is not false modesty. I know they are bad and overt and obvious and over the top-cheesy and... I could go on. I intentionally sized them where the words aren't really that legible. They're just a bunch of words and quotes that I found through various sources, that I deemed "appropriate" at the time.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here they are. (The 'pages' go from L to R)

5 Comments:

Blogger M said...

The way you went on and on I thought they were going to be awful, but they're actually quite good, and really professional looking. If you were that talented even then, and think this is so garbage NOW, I'd love to see what you could accomplish if you set your mind to it. Go for it, I say! Don't waste your talent!

Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are much too hard on yourself. I rather like them!

Thursday, June 09, 2005 1:09:00 AM  
Blogger Princess Wild Cow said...

GREAT WORK DOO DOO HEAD...THEY ARE GREAT...I mean, gee, don't be so hard on yourself I find them to be striking, evocative, uncomfortable and probably very representative of your feelings of alienation when you made them. SO THERE!

Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

I like them, too. Nice composition for each.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana, Dave2, Sarafenix & Shelly-
Thanks to all of you for the nice compliments. I appreciate it. :)

Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:16:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.