Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Reunited and it Feels so Good

NEW YORK (AP) Don't you forget about "The Breakfast Club." At the 2005 MTV Movie Awards, to air June 9, the network plans to reunite the cast of the classic '80s movie, the cable channel said Friday.

Though Emilio Estevez, who played Andrew Clark, isn't confirmed, in attendance will be Molly Ringwald (Claire Standish), Ally Sheedy (Allison Reynolds), Anthony Michael Hall (Brian Johnson) and Judd Nelson (John Bender).

The 1985 film was directed by John Hughes, who had a string of hit films starring young people during the decade, among them "Sixteen Candles,""Weird Science,""Pretty in Pink" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

Yellowcard will perform the film's theme song, "Don't You Forget About Me," from the 1985 film. The song was originally recorded by Simple Minds.



*P.s. According to my sources, Emilio was a no-show.
Thanks goes out to Terri for giving me the heads up on this one! Thanks Terri! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

I love all those movies, but "Sixteen Candles" has a special place in my heart. I had such a crush for the boy in that movie!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 2:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Oh, I hear ya! I'm still in love with him (Michael Schoefling). Whatta babe! He's also pretty babe-o-licious in Mermaids, if you haven't seen that one already! Sixteen Candles is definitely my #1 fave, then Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink and Some Kind of Wonderful. Hughes has made SO many movies I love, though, it's really hard to pick just one favorite!

Thursday, June 09, 2005 6:48:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.