Wednesday, June 01, 2005

If Buttons Were Crack...

As you may or may not have noticed, there are an innumerable amount of new "buttons" on the blog. I'd seen these little square (50X50) buttons on other blogs over the year, and was always jealous, but never took the time to find out exactly what they were. Well, I can tell you what they are: My latest addiction, that's what! They're called "Fanlisting" buttons/"codes" and I just love 'em! If you're wondering what a 'fanlisting' is exactly, here's a definition, courtesy of one of the bajillion sites:

A fanlisting is a place for all fans of a particular show, movie, actor/actress, singer, etc., to come together and build the biggest listing of people from all around the world who are fans of that subject.

The really cool part is that there are TONS of categories of things that you love! Here's the SHORT list:

• Actors
• Actresses
• Albums
• Animals
• Animation
• Arts
• Authors/Writers
• Books
• Comics
• Food/Drinks
• Games
• Magazines/Newspapers
• Movies
• Music
• Musicians: Bands/Groups
• Musicians: Female
• Musicians: Male
• Politics
• Songs: Various
• Toys/Collectibles
• TV Shows


And that's just some of them! Not to mention the subcategories in each category! It's insane!

I must admit I was a little dismayed to see that some people/movies/things that I enjoy, do NOT have a fanlisting. Oh well, I'll just be creating my own buttons for those things at a later date and posting them here, just in case anyone else also shares a love of them.

Anyway, all you have to do is download the button/"code" of your choice. Upload it to your own image hosting site. Place it on your blog, linking it to the original source and sign up as a "fan" of said listing! To some, this may sound like a lot of work, and I guess it can be if you're a fan of a lot of things (as I am), but it' can be a lot of fun!

To begin cruising the "official" fanlisting categories (they take this stuff really seriously), go to: TheFanlistings.org, but don't say I didn't warn ya!

6 Comments:

Blogger RagDoll said...

Pusher! Peddler! I have enough addictions. I have read your post, but am still trying not to process it. RESIST!

I'll just 'borrow' yours.If your blog crashes from drool, I am not responsible. LOL!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 3:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, not only did i 'notice' all of your buttons, but NOW I'M AN ADDICT TOO!!! Thanks a lot! :)

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:04:00 AM  
Blogger Samantha J. said...

I had the same addiction for a short time and i have most of them on my diaryland site and i thought about moving them over here when my gold membership runs out, but i dunno yet!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 9:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Ragdoll-
Who's your blog daddy? Lol! I told you they were tempting! BTW, my blog has been scotch guarded, so drool all you want! ;)

Vicious-
I warned you! Wait'll I finish doing the HTML for the rest of the ones I have! Aaaaiiigh! I Love It! :)

Nccountry-
Well, my addiction has slowed down a little. Now I'm addicted to making ones for things that don't have fanlistings! :)

Monday, June 06, 2005 12:43:00 AM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

You warned us, but did I listen? Noooooo. Damn you. You owe me 4 hours. heh

If you're making buttons, could you do a 50x50 for The Man From UNCLE for me? Or just David McCallum? I wouldn't mind one for NCIS, either. Three hunks on that show: Mark Harmon, McCallum, and Michael Weatherly.

Seriously. I've been wondering where those nifty buttons were coming from, so thanks for the link.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005 1:22:00 AM  
Blogger RagDoll said...

LOL. YOU'RE my BlogDaddy!YOU are!

So where are the buttons for Orlando Bloom and James Marsters? You've got my other boys!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 9:42:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.