Monday, June 13, 2005

Michael Jackson: Acquitted

According to CNN, Michael Jackson has just been found not guilty on all 10 counts. Details, courtesy of MSNBC:
Michael Jackson was found not guilty Monday on all counts in his trial on child molestation charges, concluding a two-year legal saga for one of the world's most well-known pop stars.

The courtroom sat silently as Judge Rodney Melville opened the jury envelopes one by one and silently read the verdict forms to himself before allowing the court clerk to read the verdict out loud. Lead defense attorney Tom Mesereau Jr. patted Jackson on the shoulder after the verdict was read.

Outside the courthouse, fans shouted and wept with joy over Jackson's acquittal.

Jackson, 46, was indicted on 10 counts for allegedly molesting a then-13-year-old cancer patient, serving him wine and then conspiring to hold him and his family captive. The charges against him included four allegations of molestation, one of attempted molestation, four of serving alcohol to a minor and one for conspiracy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole Michael Jackson thing is insane. He's acquitted. I don't trust him. However, if parents and their children flock to him after this, they are way more insane than MJ.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Alice-
I couldn't agree more. I'm so tired of even hearing about it. Actually, I think I lost interest after the first 2 weeks. This is how I feel about the whole thing, in a nutshell: (excerpt from a comment left on another blog)

"I also don't necessarily think MJ is completely void of any wrong doing, but I also don't think there was enough hard (no pun intended) evidence to prove it.

However, I don't think he's as guilty as every bleeding-heart parent out there wants would like him to be. And trust me, they're the ones who were "praying" for a guity verdict. I love how all these people are so pro-children, yet I bet you dollars to donuts, that they're the same ones who are 'shocked' to find out where their own children are and what they're up to. I say what kind of parent let's their kid spend the night with an adult, to begin with? Regardless of celebrity/good intentions. Everything is always SOMEONE ELSE'S fault, never theirs. Whatever. If parents were half this fire-up over their own kids , this stuff (high-profile pedo cases) wouldn't be half as important/"personal" as they make them out to be. Being a parent is a lifetime committment, not a club you join to lynch someone you don't like. I, for one am glad this whole dog and pony show is over."

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate it!

P.s. I love your DJ kitty animated gif on your journal! Too cute! ;)

Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.