Friday, June 10, 2005

Mental Goulash 8

[1] Anyone with access to the Internet should be familiar with those little ads, masquerading as fun 'games' that you can play where you shoot a duck, punch a boxer or blind a homeless person with a shiv...okay, okay, I made that last one up, but you get the general idea.

Well, I find most of them pretty boring and run of the mill, but this one I thought was really cute. That lil' froggy needs a hug! Too cute!

[2] YOKOHAMA, Japan- SolidAlliance Corp. Manager of Sales & Marketing Division Miwa Yoshida show the firm's newest product GhostRadar. The portable GhostRadar beeps and flashes red lights in response to unusual magnetic waves. The devise is recommended for spooky late nights alone at your computer, and for those curious about finding out if their sudden chills represent a supernatural visitor.

[3] If Bela Lugosi and Avril Lavigne had a lovechild...

Actually, this is 'Kintana,' the first captive bred aye-aye, an aboreal nocturnal lemur, Daubentonia madagascariensis, a native to Madagascar, to be born in the United Kingdom.

[4] Meet Absolut vodka's latest flavor: Apeach. Mmmm! I'm on my way to the liquor store now! Epilogue: I checked. It's $25 a bottle. I'll wait.

[5] I ran across this cookbook while rummaging for images online. Since I collect cheese-tastic vintage cookbooks, I MUST own this.

[6] My newest delicious discovery: Quaker Oh's cereal. Mmmm!

[7] NEW YORK- Hasbro, Inc.'s Playskool division is launching a new Mr. Potato Head figure, Darth Tater. Avialable in store nationwide, kids will be able to have all kinds of mix 'n match Mr. Potato Head fun with this wacky spud dressed as the infamous Star Wars saga villain, Darth Vader.

[8] Paul Anka has a new album coming out called Rock Swings, released on the Verve Records label. Paul puts his own spin on covers of various popular 80's and 90's songs, some of which include: Blackhole Sun (Soundgarden), It’s a Sin (Pet Shop Boys), Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana), Eyes Without a Face (Billy Idol), Lovecats (The Cure) and many, many more! Look for it on shelves NOW!

[9] An artist's rendering of what newlyweds Renee Zellweger and Kenny Chesney's child might look like.

OKay, okay, I'm lying. This is really a Philippine Tarsier that dwells on Bohol Island in the Philippines. The endangered animal, who feeds on tiny insects is believed to be the world's smallest primate.

[10] Hurray! I got a new DVD player! It's so damn thin, it's frightening. Viva la Toshiba!

[11] Wow. "Dr." Phil sure has let himself go. Okay, I'm lying. The pictures on the right are of California District Representative Henry Waxman. Still, I contend they could've been separated at birth.

[12] Andrew Fischer of Omaha, Neb., wearing the logo for the snoring remedy, SnoreStop, on his forehead . Fischer auctioned off the use of his forehead for advertising space. SnoreStop topped the bidding by offering $37, 375 on eBay.

[13] I am SO buying one of these. Living in Texas, the electric bills can sometimes get nutty in the summertime. This device can save you up to 30% on your A/C bill each month! I originally saw this ad on television late one night, but you can visit them here, at Cool-n-Save. I think the science behind it is very smart. Can't wait to get mine!

[14] This is probably old news to a lot of you, but I ran across this online and thought it was kinda fun. Darth tells you to think of something, concentrate on it, and through a series of questions he will read your mind and tell you what you were thinking of. My item was a book...and he got it right! May The Force be with you.

[15] Dubya's been rode hard and put up wet. Actually, I created this rugged devil over at Build a Better Bush. Go. Play.

[16] Jesus Christ, how I HATE this retard! Some of you that don't have access to a Six Flags, and for that be thankful. Otherwise, you would be bombarded with commercials with this "wild 'n crazy" motherfucker dancin' around like someone hooked his nuts up to electrodes. Hate, hate, hate him! Dave has Subway's Jared. I have this spaz from Six Flags.

5 Comments:

Blogger RagDoll said...

OK, I just told you this in shoutbox, but I recently aqcuired the Darth Tater for me...uh no MY SON! hEH.

Seriously, where in the bloody hell are you finding those freaky little critters? I wanted to scream and run away. Forget about the whiners complaining about your page not loading fast enough. TOO FAST with those little buggers on it if you ask me. (Even though you didn't)LOL.

*snickers* Gives new meaning to "Aye-Aye" Cap'n now doesn't it?

And that cracked out six flags guy? I hope he gets flung off a rollercoaster.

Friday, June 10, 2005 1:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha that six flags thing i never saw until i was living in cali for a bit. cause the closest to florida is ga so we dont get ads here,, but anyways the rumor in cali was that he was really michael jackson in costume

Friday, June 10, 2005 1:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, at least the Six Flags guy has dancing talent... that dipshit Jared has nothing. NOTHING I SAY!!

I challenged Lord Vader and thought of a basketball. It took him a while, but he did eventually get it right! Very disturbing.

Friday, June 10, 2005 1:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh #9 is gonna stir the pot over at blog, Tarsier, blog! = )

I love Tater Vader!!

Friday, June 10, 2005 8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Ragdoll-
Suuuure. Your "son." I understand. That's why I buy J-14. It's for my, um, "niece." SHE the one who loves Chad Micahel Murray and Justin Timberlake. Honest! (kicks JT scrapbook under couch)

But seriously, though I haven't really gotten into the whole Star Wars thang since the 70's/80's, I can appreciate some of the new merchandising. I think the Darth Tater toy is too fun! For some reason, though, I can picture Princess Leia as one of those animated chicken Mcnuggets from the old McDonald's commercials. Remember those?

Yipes! I agree. I think if I found anything REMOTELY resembling a Madagascar lemur in my vicinity, I would exclaim 'Aye Aye!' and then head for the hills. Creepy.

And don't even get me started on the Six Flags guy. 'Cracked out.' LMAO!!

Thedamnblog-
That's the creepiest thing I think I've ever read, tdb. If the rumors are true, I've lost all respect for Michael Jackson.

Dave2-
That's debatable, Dave. I'm not sure I see the merit in Six Flag Man's dancing. Now if I were shooting at his feet with a loaded revolver, maybe...

Vader knows all. Plus, he's a big Lakers fan. Nothing gets past him (or the Burger King)

LOUP-
Lol! Oh I know! I originally was leery as to whether I should even post the picture at all, considering that I was insulting the Tarsier by accusing him of being the offspring of some hideous couple. But then I realized, Tarsiers are very forgiving.

I love the Tater Vader, too! Read my comment to Ragdoll about Princess Leia, though. Can you picture it?

Honeydew-
Even more reason for me to buy one! I just know it's magic!

Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.