Thursday, June 09, 2005

I Want it Now!

Recently, I have had 2 people mention that my blog takes too long to load, so I tried loading the page and it took 25 seconds to completely load.

I'm wondering if the addition of the fanlisting buttons have slowed down the load time, considerably. If they have, I'll simply get rid of them. However, I don't wanna do a bunch of extra shit, like create a special page for them, drive to Tampa or rearrange my genetic structure, so let me know if you have been experiencing problems in load time. Not to sound hateful, but I'm strictly just concerned about page load time, so this does not apply to Mariana's recent problem loading some images completely, monitor size or for those people that are accessing my page via dial-up. Your input is appreciated, because I really do want to know, because I don't want accessing my blog to become a grueling task. Thanks in advance!

*P.s. The Mister Bitterworth button has officially been retired. (sorry, Mariana :(

7 Comments:

Blogger girlzoot said...

I load all my blogs at once, sometimes in Safari, sometimes in Netscape, and I always read your blog last because it takes the longest to load up. In fact, sometimes I just tell it to stop loading. I get all the iamges and the text, it just stops chugging away trying to load up other stuff.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:54:00 PM  
Blogger M said...

*shuif!* I weep for the loss of such a great idea.

As for my problem loading your images it was just a momentary thing and it's ok now.

I don't usually have problems loading your blog, because as soon as I get to your home page I just click on the latest post, instead of letting the whole home page load. But I do notice that it's taking a bit longer for the whole index to load, probably on account of all the buttons, as you say, cute as they are.

Thursday, June 09, 2005 10:40:00 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

i usually blame myself for slow uploading pages.. i have a dial-up and i open an average of 5 to 7 windows at a time... (bad idea right) anyway.. i think its ok if a page loads slow if its worth the wait. 8D but i do need to get dsl soon ...

Friday, June 10, 2005 3:27:00 AM  
Blogger Princess Wild Cow said...

At work, where I waste my time by surfing the net and being paid for it, your page loads fine...At home on dial-up, I just let it start loading, dump in a load of laundry, put it in the dryer, fold it and by the time I get back to my room it's all loaded...No problem!

Friday, June 10, 2005 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger ShellyS said...

It's not the fastest to load, but it's worth the wait. And it seems to vary day to day. Plus, I mostly read in Bloglines and come here when I want to check out the cool sidebar thingies. I'd hate for you to remove any of them.

Friday, June 10, 2005 4:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took me 29 seconds on highspeed cable. But like Shelly said.. it's worth the wait. Thanks for the link. :) ttys

Friday, June 10, 2005 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

A BIG thank-you goes out to everyone who took the time to comment! It really does help me gauge where I am and get some perspective on how the blog is operating.

I've since relocated all the fanlisting buttons to their own page within the blog, so that slone may have sped things up just a little bit.

I apologize to those for whom the page loads slowly. Short of reducing the size/resolution of my larger images (primarily the collages), there's not much I can really do about that right now. I actively try to not have a lot of animated doodads, audio, video, etc. on the site, as I know all that can also contribute to a slow loading time.

Thanks again for all the insight and for all the really nice words of encouragement. I really do appreciate it!

-Kirk :)

Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.