Thursday, March 31, 2005

Upcoming Movies I Want to See: Vol. 4

It's that time again: another installment of Upcoming Movies I Want to See. Time for you to indulge me while I gush over a new crop of upcoming movies. To see the last batch, click here.

Please be patient with the blog today, since there are more images than usual to download. It'll be worth it though. Lots of good stuff!

Creep. No U.S. Release Date
Appeal Factor: God I'm excited about seeing this movie! The trailer looks SO, if you'll pardon the pun, CREEPY! Reminiscent of Raw Meat. I hope this one comes to theaters here in the U.S.!

House of Wax. May 6.2005
Appeal Factor: I was initially really turned off by the fact that this Vincent Price classic was being remade. Then to add fuel to the fire (no pun intended), Paris Hilton was cast in the movie. Since viewing the trailer I've had a change of heart. I LOVE creepy teen slasher flicks and this one looks like it's gonna fit the bill. Reminiscent of another horror favorite: Tourist Trap. Plus, Chad Michael Murray in a tank top can't be all bad. ROWR! Plus, it doesn't hurt that Robert Ri'chard is in it as well. Double ROWR! I wish they'd stop calling these movies "remakes," though. Esp. when they have no resemblance to the original and they're just banking on name-recognition. Check out the official web site and download yourself a desktop or an AIM icon or two.

Into the Blue. TBA.2005
Appeal Factor: Definitely a rental. I am not a Paul Walker fan in the least, but he actually looks hot on the poster (it's been manipulated, if you ask me). I think it's the shaved head. Scott Caan is also looking pretty hot, if only I could say the same for Josh Brolin, who plays one of the bad guys in the movie. I wish Josh would take a role where he gets to look GOOD for a change. What's with the long hair? Blech. If you ask me, the premise seems an awful lot like Peter Benchley's 1977 movie The Deep with Jacqueline Bisset and Nick Nolte. Maybe it's just me.

Millions. March 11.2005
Appeal Factor: Love Danny Boyle's movies. Trainspotting, Shallow Grave, Twin Town... Hasn't disappointed me yet.

Unleashed. April 8.2005
Appeal Factor: So not a Jet Li movie fan, but the trailer for this one looks pretty good. Can't go wrong with Morgan Freeman.

Be Cool. March 4.2005
Appeal Factor: Man-o-man! Does Vince look H-O-T in this movie or what? LOVE the promo posters with each of the main characters. Gotta buy the one with Vince on it.

Sin City. April 1.2005
Appeal Factor: *See my original comments. Plus, this new poster with Clive on it is a must-have. HOT!

• The Dukes of Hazzard. Estimated Release Date: June 2005
Appeal Factor: Duh. Johnny Knoxville. Still in production.

The Ringer. TBA. 2005
Appeal Factor: *See above.

Lords of Dogtown. June 3, 2005
Appeal Factor: Okay, I must admit that when I initially saw images of Johnny from this movie, I was like "WTF? I'll pass." Then I found out it was a skateboarding movie and my interest wained even more. HOWEVER, having recently seen the trailer and the context is which it takes place, now I really wanna see it! The movie takes place in Venice Beach, California, circa 1975 and is based on a true story about the Z-Boys and their contributions to the sport of skateboarding.

The Amityville Horror. April 15, 2005
Appeal Factor: *Ryan Reynolds. I realize I already blogged about this, but I just wanted to post some new pictures from the new trailer.

The Corpse Bride. Halloween 2005
Appeal Factor: I'm a sucker for Tim Burton movies and claymation!

The Fantastic 4. July 8.2005
Appeal Factor: Finally, a comic book movie I'm actually looking forward to. Also, the guy who plays The Human Torch (Chris Evans) looks mighty fine. Plus, Julian McMahon is playing the villain! ROWR!

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

OMG that poster for House of Wax with the doll melting is one of the best movie posters I've ever seen! Brilliant! And from the pics you posted the movie looks like lots of fun.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 8:04:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Oh, I know! Don't you just love it? I thought it was one of the best movie posters I've seen in a long, long time. I long for the days of cool horror movie posters a la Sleepaway Camp and Happy Birthday to Me, and this one came pretty doggone close to rekindling my hopes.

I think the movie WILL be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I think some people will not go see it because of the stigma of Paris Hilton and it being called a "remake" of the original Vincent Price movie. To those people I say "Get over it." Hope it's as much fun as it looks!

Thursday, April 07, 2005 2:34:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.