Friday, March 25, 2005

Kravitz. Gladys Kravitz.

I'm officially a busybody. There. I said it. But, in my defense, it happened by accident. I swear!

Remember that house down the street from me that I was gushing about a while back? The one that was for sale, bought, then "transformed" when they trimmed the forest that was their front yard. The one that updated the house by decades, simply by covering the outdated 70's scrollwork posts on the porch with simple wood pillar facades. The one that has the groovy lil' brick terrarium thingy on the south side of the house that I envy so much. Well, that's the house.

The house is positioned at the end of a street where there is a stop light. Think of the house location as being at the top part of a 'T' shape.

So, I'm sitting at the stop light, waiting for a chance to turn right, when I see a Ryder moving van pull into the driveway. I think to myself "I gotta see what's in there." You see, I have a natural curiosity about people's taste (or lack thereof..after all, this is Texas, home of the country craft mall, makeshift "tea rooms" and grapevine wreath) in home furnishings, etc.

There I am, mesmerized by the contents. I see an end table, some framed pictures of some kind, then I think I saw a...HONK!...is that their sofa or an arm chair?...HONK!...Did I just hear a honk? I hate having to honk at people. Wait, I'm the one getting honked at! I was so wrapped up in seeing the contents, that I had sat there long after the light had turned green. DOH!

2 Comments:

Blogger M said...

O how I understand thee. ;)
Wouldn't it be great if the world could just fall asleep every time you wanted to have a peek inside people's homes? Not to pry into their privacy, but to see how they "make their nest", how they decorate and organize their stuff?
I don't think that makes you a busy-body.

Friday, March 25, 2005 3:39:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
I'm so glad someone can relate and that I don't sound completely cuckoo! Lol

Exactly! It's not an invasion of privacy issue it's more of a idle curiosity of their tastes. I consider a person's home a major reflection on who they are as a person. I'm always a little leery of people whose home is devoid of color, reading material and/or INDIVIDUAL touches.

Friday, April 01, 2005 3:20:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.