Monday, March 28, 2005

Disinfect the Disaffected

I recently signed up with a free site called MySpace.com. It's a site where you can do just about anything you'd want to do online: Meet people, make friends, blog, post pictures, instant message, e-mail, play games, etc. It's pretty fun. Anyway, I've been enjoying looking through all the pictures of various members. One thing I've noticed is the overwhelming majority of the participants are 12 years old (okay, I'm exaggerating), weigh 15lbs and are either gangstas, sex kittens or angst-riddled "alternative" (read 'faux') types. Being the voyeur that I am, I can't resist browsing through page after page of members' photos because I just find it interesting to see all the different faces, settings, etc. I have to also marvel at the fact that 85% of them are completely interchangeable: all the ones that envision themselves as cutting edge or alternative, just blend into the background, what with their generic tattoos, hairstyles and piercings. Irony at it's most amusing. Oh well, I guess everyone goes through that high-drama stage at some point, huh?

Part of the set-up with MySpace.com is that you can invite other people to be your 'friend' and/or vice versa. I accept anyone who asks. I mean really, in the grand scheme of things, what difference does it make? It's just something fun to do. Besides, I might meet some cool people in the process. I've recently said "what the fuck" and asked two total strangers to be my 'friend.' One because he was just too beautiful and has a GREAT name "Louie" and the other because his art totally kicks ass. I'm betting you $50 that "Louie" never responds or denies my request because he's mondo straight and will be threatened by the whole gay thing. Yeah, he's hot, but he's also virtual. I mean just because someone is attractive doesn't mean I'd go cuckoo for Coco Puffs if they were actually around. Check the ego at the door, 'dude.' Oh well, it's not like he's the first straight guy to have his machismo threatened by a gay guy. I know it sounds like he's already said 'no,' but trust me, I know how people tick, and I am rarely ever wrong.

The funny part about getting 'friends' at MySpace.com is that you can see how you stack up to everyone else, friend-wise. I currenty have 13 friends, through the site. I saw this one chick (now one of MY friends, via her request), "Tatiana" who has 7,474+ friends! However, I looked through a few pages of her friends and a lot of them are duplicates, so now I don't feel too insignificant. Lol! Besides, I get the distinct impression from her photo and her comments to other members that she pretty much befriends anyone with a penis. Pathetic. *Epilogue: "Tatiana" has since withdrawn her friendship. Methinks she must have overlooked the fact that I'm a gay male. LOL!

But, all is not lost. I've actually already met a couple of cool, interesting, intelligent people through the site. So what do I know? If you're interested in signing up, it has unlimited possibilities. It's absolutely free, so check it out and join the fun! If you'd like an invite, just let me know and I will send you one. Now, if you peeps will excuse me, I gotta go stuff a gun in my pants, get a tattoo, dye/gel my hair, get something pierced, put on some sweet-ass threads, purchase some kind of head wear (an Urban Sombrero, perhaps?) and practice my rebellious posturing. Wow, looking like an individual is gonna be hard! TTYL!

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

The second guy in the first row is imitating Maddox!

Monday, March 28, 2005 3:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Mariana-
Maddox? I hate to have to ask, but who's that? I just assumed he was mimicking Eminem, like the rest of bird-flipping young America.

Friday, April 01, 2005 3:30:00 AM  
Blogger M said...

http://maddox.xmission.com/hatemail.cgi?p=1

Scroll down to the bottom of that page and you'll see Maddox.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:01:00 PM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.