Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Recent DVD Purchases

• Dead of Winter. 1987
Comments: A creepy lil' chiller starring Mary Steenburgen & Roddy McDowall.

• Love Actually. 2003
Comments: A movie that ended up being a lot more fun that I originally gave it credit for. Great ensemble cast. Endearing upbeat movie.

• 3-Way. 2004
Comments: Dominic Purcell, 'nuff said. ROWR!

• American Drive-In. 1985
Comments: Cheesy 80's T&A 'B' Movie.

• Nicholas Nickelby. 2002
Comments: A fun adaption of the classic book. Plus, Charlie Hunnam isn't too hard on the eyes.

• The Last American Virgin. 1982
Comments: One of the more realistic 80's teen movies. With a soundtrack that perfectly compliments the movie. With the likes of DEVO, The Plim Souls, Journey, The Waitresses, The Police, Oingo Boingo and The Cars, how can you go wrong?

• Garden State. 2004
Comments: Really great movie. I've been waiting for a movie like this for a long time. Also has a great soundtrack.

• Pinocchio in Outer Space. 1965
Comments: Aw, the good ol' days of "real" animation. I miss them. This trippy and sometimes surreal cartoon is really great. What detail! What imagination! Check out this underrated gem.

• Girls Will Be Girls. 2003
Comments: I normally don't "dig" the whole drag queen scene in movies or otherwise, with the rare exception (The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, La Cage aux Folles and maybe Vegas in Space, 'cause it's SO kitschy). However, this movie cracked me UP. Totally my kind of humor: Wicked wicked wicked. Check it out!

• Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 2004
Comments: Loved it visually/conceptually, but the verdict is still out on whether I liked it overall. Kinda hard to follow at times. Definitely watch it more than once. Elijah Wood looking cute as a button.

• Dickie Roberts Former Child Star. 2003
Comments: Yeah yeah, I know. It's not one of David Spade's better outings, BUT it had a few scenes that made me laugh outloud. Plus, I am so in love with Craig Bierko. God, he's perfect.

• King Arthur. 2004
Comments: Clive Owen, 'nuff said.

• A Kiss Before Dying. 1991
Comments: Based on the Ira Levin book of the same name, I really enjoyed this thriller starring Matt Dillon and Sean Young playing duel roles (albeit, briefly). Check it out if you like a good suspense-thriller.

• Mystery Science Theater 3000 Collection: Vol. 6. 2004
- Gunslinger (1956) (Airdate: 10/9/1993)
- Teenagers from Outer Space (1959) (Airdate: 6/27/1992)
- Attack of the Giant Leeches (1959) (Airdate: 7/18/1992)
Shorts-
- Undersea Kingdom - Part 1 (1936)
- Mr. B Natural (1957)
- X Marks the Spot
- Hired! - Part 1 (1940)
- Design for Dreaming (1956)
- Attack of the Giant Leeches (1947)
- Are You Ready for Marriage? (1950)
Comments: This boxset contains two of my favorite MST3K episodes: Teenagers from Outer Space and Attack of the Giant Leeches. Plus, the "shorts" always have me laughing outloud. Esp. Attack of the Giant Leeches!

• Body Count. 1987
Comments: Okay, maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself here, but I'm so excited of the prospect of owning/seeing this late 80's slasher!! A friend of mine purchased it (it's only available in PAL DVD format) and is going to put it on DVD-R for me! I recently saw the trailer and I've been jonesing for it ever since! I LOVE 80's slashers and I've never seen this one! WOOT! To see a creepy pic of the masked killer, click here! C R E E P Y!

• A Cool, Dry Place. 1998
Comments: Vince Vaughn looks like perfection in this drama that's a little heavy on the syrup.

To see some more of my DVD purchases, click here and here.

0 Comments:

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.