Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Quotable Quotes

Here are some of my favorite quotes. I thought I'd share them with you.

"Do you have any idea what sweat pants say to the world? They say "I'm not trying anymore."- Dolly: A Touch of Pink. Re: To her sister Nuru, about the pitfalls of wearing sweat pants.

"Laughter is the best medicine"
"Then I guess I must be in the placebo group."- Nuru to her son Alim. Alim replies to his mother.: A Touch of Pink

"Can you believe it? She still keeps plastic on the furniture"
"Keeps the evil fresh."- Alim to his imaginary friend, Cary Grant. Cary replies to Alim: A Touch of Pink. Re: While visiting Alim's mother's home.


“Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it." -Groucho Marx


"The Donger's here five hours and he's got somebody, I live here my whole life and I'm like a disease."- Samantha Baker: Sixteen Candles. Re: The visiting foreign exchange student who snags a girlfriend at his first high school dance.


"You see what you've done?! You've upset Kim Fung-Toi!"- Dorothy Zbornak: The Golden Girls. Re: While posing as classmates at a high school reunion, Rose (masquerading as foreign exchange student "Kim Fung-Toi") has a heart attack.

"Only dull people are bright at breakfast..."-Oscar Wilde


Never Make Someone a Priorty if they only make you an option- Unknown


"You know, I feel the same way about that Pippi Longstocking girl. God, I just hate her!"-Peg Bundy: Married With Children. Re: Disclaiming her hate of Pippi Longstocking to her friend Marcy Rhoades.


"We don't have any ghosts in our house. We have three rats." -The Brady girls: The Brady Bunch. Re: Concerning the "haunting" of a ghost outside their bedroom window, perpetrated by their siblings.


"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are."- Houssaye

0 Comments:

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.