Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Kirk's Tasty Tuna Salad Recipe

I dunno about you, but I love a good tuna salad sandwich. Sometimes, I even like to have some tuna salad with a package of crackers. Mmmm!

I make a terrific tuna salad, so I thought I would share my recipe with you, you lucky people. If you try it and like it, let me know. If you try it and hate it, chalk it up as a life lesson and make a cat happy. Lol!

By the way, what is it with people putting diced apples, raisins, carrots, etc. in their tuna salad? I always hated that when we would go to church potluck dinners. Is it a Northern thing, or what? I admit to sometimes shredding a little boiled egg (the white part, not the yolk) in my tuna salad recipe from time to time, but RAISINS? Ech!

Kirk's Tasty Tuna Salad

• 2 7oz. packages of your favorite brand of tuna (I like the Starkist in sunflower oil)**
• 1 Red bell pepper
• 1 Bunch of celery
• 1 Bunch of green onions
• 2 Tablespoons of salad dressing (I use Best Maid brand)
• 2 Tablespoons of dill relish*
• Parika
• Onion salt
• Black pepper (I like the course-ground kind)
Optional: Celery seed (For additional texture and flavor)

Depending on taste, finely chop all vegetables and combine with tuna in large bowl. Stir in salad dressing, dill relish and use seasongs to taste preference. Chill contents of bowl until ready to serve. *Helpful hint- To cut down on the amount of 'strings' in your celery, use a potato peeler to strip the outside of each piece of celery after washing, but before chopping. Also, I like to chop mine by hand because I can control how chunky or smooth the tuna salad is. However, to save time, a food processor can also be utilized.

Serving suggestions:
• Serve on or with toast
• Serve in half of a hollowed out yellow bell pepper
• Serve with crackers
• Serve with a side of toasted sourdough garlic bread
• Serve on wheat bread with a side of Doritos corn chips

* Or 2 hearty squirts of the Heinz relish in the squeezable bottle)
** If you would prefer to make less, you can always divide the recipe in half.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Terri-
Woot! Thanks! I hope you like it! I'll post my chicken salad & egg salad recipes at a later date. They're good, too!

Friday, March 04, 2005 9:08:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.