Saturday, November 13, 2004

Days Go By

I take so many pictures that I sometimes don't get around to showing them to you until I have enough to make a decent collage. So, that is why some of these pictures are not that current, but I still wanted you to see them anyway. Enjoy! (Images/descriptions go from left to right) *Please be patient, it may take some time to load, depending on your connection speed.

• This is my neighborhood hardware store. I love its' inviting feeling. They paint the windows for every holiday and season, so there's always something new to look at.
• Last Friday night I dropped by the bank around 5:30 and made a quick deposit and cashed in some change (I'm poor). Excited about going to get pizza afterwards, I locked my goddamn keys in the car! I haven't done that for years. I was so pissed at myself. And naturally, I left my cell phone in the car. It wouldn't have helped anyway, since I know absolutely no one to call and help. Since the bank I go to is so small and I am at the drive-thru practically all the time, all the employees know me. One of them asked one of their customers who owns a nearby garage, if he could help me out. His name was Mitch. He said 'sure' and went up the street to get some tools, came back and popped the lock in a matter of minutes. He didn't even charge me anything, though I offered to pay. How cool is THAT?! Nice people DO still exist. Those are his tail lights you're looking at.
• This is one of the Spongebob tattoos I got inside my recent purchase of a 6 pack of Air Heads candy. Mmmmm Sour Pineapple! Get some quick! They're limited edition.
• Some fluffy clouds.
• Mmmm! Boone's Farm "wine" sure comes in some purty colors! Alcoholism never tasted so good! Taste the rainbow!
• Some cute guy (who looked vaguely familiar... I think I had some classes with him or something). Eyecandy. Saw him while I was at the "Texas Workforce" (the new name). It used to be called The Texas Employment Commission, which I think sounded better. Now when I hear the name, images of winos and the homeless fill my mind. Words are weird.
Cup-A-Soup! I had no idea Lipton still made this stuff (where have I been?)! I was so excited. If only they made a mac n' cheese one, like Mug-O-Lunch used to. I had to buy two boxes (Tomato and Cream of Chicken).
• I took this picture the week of HALLOWEEN. One more reason to hate the rushing of the holidays.
• Took this the week of Halloween, too. Love the colors. Love the Trix Rabbit. Silly Rabbit! Yogurt is for health-conscious single women. That's all I ever see eating it on TV. What's that about?
• Candy-colored ride inside Walmart Marketplace. One of the ONLY Walmarts that I can stomach. It's actually quite nice. Plus, I have a crush on one of the night stocker guys (wasn't that a TV show with Darren McGavin?). He's friggin' hot. I'll try to get a picture sometime.
• The half sausage/half pepperoni pizza I ordered last Friday night (remember, the night I locked my keys in the car). The pizza place (Nizza Pizza) nearby makes THE best New York-style pizza! When you go inside, they have cases of freshly made calzone and stromboli. They also hand toss their pizza, "old school"-style. So damn good! A large pizza is a mere $11. And when I say large, I mean LARGE. let's put it this way, the box it comes in is 18" square! It's HUGE (I had lunch for 3 days). Forget about fitting it in the refrigerator. I also love that you can see the spices and little freshly-shredded chunks of parmesan on top. Oven-crisp crust. Did I mention it was delicious?
• Last night I went to a new Indian restaurant called Karam's (hope you're paying attention, Chana!). They offer a buffet of over 35 different items, but I opted for the chicken kabobs instead, with a side of rice (not a homus fan). SO delicious. This is my feta cheese, lettuce, onion and black olive salad from the salad bar. D-lish!
• My 6 pack of Air Heads. Yum!
• I dropped in on the public library yesterday afternoon, and rented a video (Silver Streak) and some CDs (Trainspotting soundtrack and Charlie Parker). I love this branch of the library. It's just down the street and is always so nice and serene. Sometimes I just go there to read or write. It's nice. And, as I've mentioned in a previous blog (I think), they also have a "Coupon Exchange." It's a little cloth-covered box with index card date dividers, that's FILLED with coupons. I clip some and bring them with me whenever I raid the box for coupons before I hit the grocery store. I swear, they have everything! Where else can you rent classic movies, DVDs and CDs for free?
• A picture I took while waiting at the bank drive-thru one day last week. I like its' symmetry.
• Mmmmm! Can you smell the kabobs? This is my chicken kabob platter from Keram's. Excellent.
• A mesquite tree frond at my house, wet with beads of rain water.
• The fronts of some Jones Soda found at the local Super Target (see Derik? I told you they sell them. He didn't believe me.) Sorry, no holiday flavors. Dang. But there was a hot guy with his Britney wannabe girlfriend. I managed a few blurry pictures (naturally). I'm waiting 'til I have enough before I post all my bad "cute guys" pics. Trust me, they're not that great (the pictures, not the guys).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to be honest, that pizza scared me...

daniel@danielphillip.com

Sunday, November 14, 2004 2:52:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

KG-
Aw, thanks. I'm glad you like my pix. I always enjoy yours as well. Esp. the kitty and the jawbreaker!

Yes, you must try the Spongebob Air Heads. They are So damn good. I'm addicted!

You tease! I luff surprises :)

Daniel-
Don't fear the flavor. It's crispy and delicious. Mmmmm!

Sunday, November 14, 2004 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Princess Wild Cow said...

My one experience with Boone's Farm came in 1972 at a Led Zeppelin Concert. That coupled with a couple of psychedelic enhancers made for one mean concert and one mean day after...and, I've already lost my keys TWICE in the past month. The first time, ok, everyone's an idiot once in a while...the second time, I swear someone is stealing them. I haven't told my boss yet because of the lecture I will get when I ask for yet another set of office keys. Pass the Boone's Farm!

Monday, November 15, 2004 2:49:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

SaraF-
I honestly can't remember that many of my Boone's Farm experiences (blackout will do that to ya... just kiddin'). One I DO remember wasback in the early 90's, when I first moved to the town where I live now, and I stopped by a gas station and bought a bottle of Boone's (classy!). Having moved from a small town, I was so excited to see that the gas stations actually sold wine. Besides, it was the only brand I could afford. It was great!

I also use it in my punch when I have parties. I make a sort of trashcan punch (sans the trashcan), with Hawaiian Punch, everclear, a pkg. of Jell-O (flavors vary), some pineapple extract and ginger ale. I then top it off with some slices of orange and/or lime. Mmmmm! You'll be under the table in no time!

Tuesday, November 16, 2004 11:50:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.