Sunday, October 24, 2004

Possum Passion

Okay, I finally got to sleep around 7AM (insomnia) and I'd no longer been asleep maybe 2 hours before some motherfucker rang the doorbell! I'll give you three guesses who it was: [1] Ed McMahon, [2] Peg Boggs, Avon lady or [3] A Jehovah's Witness. Yep, if you guessed #3, you guessed correctly. Argh! As I've blogged before, they seem to love me. However, I was very disturbed that today they didn't leave me my current issue of Awake! Magazine. Dang.

While I was asleep, I had the most fucked up dream. I was outside this house (supposedly where I lived) and couldn't get the people inside (whoever they were) to unlock the door. I was getting antsy because there was a black Astrovan (with completely blacked-out windows) in the driveway around the corner of the house, that had just pulled up and the driver had gotten out to open the garage door (there was a shadowy figure sitting in the passenger's seat) and I had to get inside the house before they saw me!

So, just like a scene out of Halloween, I'm desperately ringing the doorbell and trying to get someone to open the door for me and just as the person/people in the Astrovan were rounding the corner of the house, the door opened and I ran inside.

Once inside, there was a foyer with another door that lead into the house. I started to open that door when I noticed a possum dressed like Helen Slater from The Legend of Billie Jean. As I started to push him aside with my foot, he said "Is that how you treat someone who just let you in?" After the obligatory "You can talk?" we went on to discuss life and eventually fell in love.

I have no idea what brought this on, but it's obviously the product of a warped mind. Dream analysis, anyone?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Jehovah's Witness'? They came to my house every sunday for about a month until I stopped opening the door!

~Cary
http://keepbreathing.nu

Sunday, October 24, 2004 8:00:00 PM  
Blogger Princess Wild Cow said...

Possums, Puppets...I'm beginning to see a pattern here, Kirk. What else starts with "P" that you could fall in love with. Not going there. And quit eating all of those jalapenos right before sleep time and maybe you can quit dealing with those Jehovah Witnesses. I tell them I'm a Lesbian Wiccan and they just quit coming around, you could try that.

Sunday, October 24, 2004 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Hi Cary!

I think you may be on to something there. See, my problem has been that I have answered the door on more than one occasion. I feel bad being rude, but the more I've thought about it, it pisses me off more when they continue to visit. So, with that said, I haven't answered the door the last 3 times they have dropped by, and since they didn't leave me any reading material this time, maybe they are getting the hint. ::fingers crossed::

BTW, I checked out your blog (keepbreathing.nu), and I REALLY like the design/template. Hot pink and black always look amazing together. I'm also jealous because you can make chicken 'n dumplings! Lol. There is a place here called Arizona Bread Co. (http://www.azeats.com/azbreadco/default.htm) that makes THE best chicken 'n dumplings, which they serve in a sourdough bread bowl!! OMG, talk about GOOD! Wow.

I've added a link to your blog on my Blogs list, fyi. Oh, and BTW, your hubby is supa-dreamy! ;)

Thanks for stoppin' by!

-Kirk :)

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:11:00 AM  
Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Sara, Sarah, Sarah...

Are you trying to say I'm going to fall in love with a pirate next? or since it's so close to Halloween, perhaps a pumpkin? You dirty girl! ;)

Yeah, I considered the lesbian angle, but I think I'm going to go the crazy hermit route instead and answer the door dressed in a leotard and a sombrero, while eating Spaghetti-O's from an old Pink Panther thermos. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

-Kirk :D

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 6:19:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.