Saturday, October 23, 2004

The Political Dr. Seuss

At the risk of putting possible new readers to sleep, I normally try to distance myself from the whole politics "thang." It's like Charles Durning said in one of my favorite holiday films, Home For The Holidays: "Opinions are like assholes: Everybody has one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks." So eloquently put. However, judging from reading a lot of other people's blogs lately, it seems I'm not the only one who's breaching the topic lately.

With that said, I just wanted to bring to anyone's attention who's interested, an upcoming special I saw advertise on PBS, while watching the presidential debate a few weeks ago. On Tuesday, October 26, PBS will be airing a documentary entitled The Political Dr. Seuss (check your local listings for time and channel). For those who didn't know (me included), early in Dr. Seuss' career (1940's), he did a stint as a political editorial cartoonist. Being the pop culture fan that I am, I thought the show looked interesting. "Fun is good."

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirkkitsch said...

Hey KG! I saw the pix over at your blog! The cookies came out too great. I love 'em! The Halloween beanies are really cute, too. I esp. like the orange ghost bear! I've yet to look here, but I will.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, I dunno if there is a Pottery Barn anywhere near you, but the one here had some AWESEOME retro-looking Halloween stuff leftover last year, all half price the day after Halloween! I got a really cool set of dessert plates and two ouija board-looking things. I'll have to find them and photograph them. They're really great!

-Kirk :)

Sunday, October 24, 2004 1:55:00 AM  

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.